lonestar tactical

Possible Source For Exotics

Hey folks - I have been on the hunt for some Texas Rattlesnake Skins to use on a few holsters. I was given some leads and one of the leads got me to thinking (I know it can be dangerous before my 5th cup of coffee lol)... so I searched and found a taxidermy website that seems pretty active. After searching I found some individuals selling gator, snake, and a bunch of others.

Not sure if it helps anyone but I thought it was worth a look. Didnt even consider calling taxidermy folks or checking websites...

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php

Thanks and be safe,

Doc

The scary thing is that taxidermy forum has a larger membership by 50% than LW.net does...who would have thought stuffing the skins would have a larger fan base than making the skins into useful stuff? LOL

Taxidermy also has a reality? show, "Stuffed in Alaska" or something like that. Seems everyone wants to make stuffed animals and choppers or whatever the current reality craze is. Now I say lets have a leatherworker show with kind of a BDSM bend, like "Flogged in Philly", or "Spanked in Spokane", "Leather Laddies", or my favorite "Bottom Gear". The proceeding all Copyright 2011 by AV Leather. Note that my original title "Top Gear" is already spoken for by the BBC. Then there are classics like "Repair My Shoe" to go on a different tack (pun intended). If I go any further, I will have to moderate my own post.

Art

The scary thing is that taxidermy forum has a larger membership by 50% than LW.net does...who would have thought stuffing the skins would have a larger fan base than making the skins into useful stuff? LOL

Taxidermy also has a reality? show, "Stuffed in Alaska" or something like that. Seems everyone wants to make stuffed animals and choppers or whatever the current reality craze is. Now I say lets have a leatherworker show with kind of a BDSM bend, like "Flogged in Philly", or "Spanked in Spokane", "Leather Laddies", or my favorite "Bottom Gear". The proceeding all Copyright 2011 by AV Leather. Note that my original title "Top Gear" is already spoken for by the BBC. Then there are classics like "Repair My Shoe" to go on a different tack (pun intended). If I go any further, I will have to moderate my own post.

Art

Bottom gear lol... have to agree thats my favorite too

I agree! There's a taxidermy shop about 2 miles from my house that I've been meaning to stop in at for a while now. I know they sell capes and skins. The only problem is every time I drive by they're not open. They don't seem to have set hours.