lilrays

Commemorative Leather Badge

This is an 8 3/8" x 6" design of a law enforcement badge I designed for the "Downed Officers Memorial Ride" back in 2007. This is an annual event that's held in the Santa Clarita area of Southern California each year.

I found this badge shape in a police supply catalog and thought it would be something different to try. I used a 3/4 ounce leather for the badge face and added on a 5/6 ounce leather for the backing support. I then saddle stitched them together.

Hope you enjoy the pic.

Happy Carving to All!

Lilrays

Nice work

i like it

Josh

A + ...NICE LAYOUT OF THE LETTERING..........

Very nice work, and good timing posting it during National Police Week.

How did you do the "support ride" lettering? Was that a stamp or by hand?

Thank you

I like the idea of this badge and admire the way the work was carried out. Has anyone any experience of making custom badges like these commercially?

Very nice. Having spent 10 years in Law Enforcement, I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

Joe

How did you do the "support ride" lettering? Was that a stamp or by hand?

Thank you

Hello:

For the support ride lettering, I used a machinist stamping set that used for metal or wood. The set came with a click punch holder which works well with thicker leather and give just enough impression with the letters and numbers. I purchased one on ebay for a few bucks and has been very useful in smaller or tight areas.

Very nice. Having spent 10 years in Law Enforcement, I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

Joe

Many thanks Joe.

I like the idea of this badge and admire the way the work was carried out. Has anyone any experience of making custom badges like these commercially?

Greetings:

Many thanks for your reply to the badge. I don't know if anyone has made these for the commercial market . . . yet. It would be a good idea though. I made three others (each in a different badge style) but forgot to take a snaphot of 'em before I sold them.

I visited your website and really enjoyed the quality items you make. Keep up the great work!

Lil Rays

A + ...NICE LAYOUT OF THE LETTERING..........

Thanks Luke,

Nice work

i like it

Josh

Many thanks Josh. I visited your website and found it very well organized and really like the custom products you design.

Lil Rays

Very good looking badge!!

Lining up letters is such a pain, at least when you don't do it much.

Tom