276ccm

Started on my first seat

Is going to be bolted on the seat pan:

2512661865_54acdf6322.jpg

I would love to do a more advanced design, but the client wanted it simple and same design as the tank I goldleafed.. :-)

2495022790_f0074f51e3.jpg

Just beat the client over the head until they want what you want to make, I wish! Nice start on a first seat and cool leaf job.

Love your stuff, your pinstripping is awesome and looks like your leatherwork will be great also.

Very nice - I wonder if anyone has ever tried gold leaf on leather. Maybe something more durable than regular size..hmmmm

Thanks a lot :-)

I heard sometime that you could leaf leather with a sort of stamp.. heat it up and then press down the leaf.. but I have never tried it or know how it exactly works.. :-)

I've seen it done on Italian leather jackets. A piece of leaf was put on the jacket while the metal stamp was heated with a torch. The dude then just pressed it on the jacket and the leaf stuck where it was burnt and the rest came off. Looked good.I've seen it done on Italian leather jackets. A piece of leaf was put on the jacket while the metal stamp was heated with a torch. The dude then just pressed it on the jacket and the leaf stuck where it was burnt and the rest came off. Looked good.

I like your seat so far. Please post the finished item.

Edited by Spider

then my first seat is finished :-)

2521871626_762a5e07c2.jpg

2521050583_392019eaee.jpg

That looks very good, Neighbour! Good job on the molding part too!

I'm not sure your bikerfriend made the right design choices here but if he know what he want's all one can do is to put his boots on and collect.

Did you check out the swedish supplier yet? They have a nice golden colour spirit dye that can be painted on top of any spirit dye, if you've seen any of my bracers I think you now know where my choice of design here would have been going at.

BTW, did you see Leatheroos post about an Aussie guy who used carpaint to airbrush leather? Might be worth checking out with the kind of skill you have with that paintgun.

Tom

Real nice job on the seat 276, and the ride is awesome looking, I love the look of it.

Ken

Thanks a lot :-)

Tom, yea, I checked the swedish supplier and found the norwegian office.. if I did it right :-) and I found another good dealer in Norway as well.. but got to check out the colors agian.. I have been so busy the last weeks.. :-) For us up un north, I found out that denmark has pretty good prices for leather :-)

The customer of the seat, would have it this way.. just the year he was born.. if it was me I would love to experiment a lot with it, but next seat :-) LLooking forwared to start my next project..

Awesome job on the seat

The client isn't gonna be riding far with the rigid frame either