Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

Source for chromed or nickled solid brass dees and rings

Does anyone know of a supplier other than Weaver Leather for chromed or nickled dees and rings? Ohio Travel Bags has solid brass but not chromed or nickled brass.

Thanks,

Ed

hAVE YOU CHECKED WITH SIEGEL OF CALIFORNIA ?

J.T Batchelor in London, England definitely has what you need, Ed - it depends if you want to go that far for them... PM me if you need more details.

Thanks for the replies.

Buckleguy has a very good selection, but prices are a bit higher than Weaver. Quality looks to be the same.

I'll call Siegel and ask, as there's no such indication on the website. Siegel's end-of-year sale is great for solid brass dees with a natural finish, though sometimes you get the mast style (rounded horseshoe looking), and other times you get the more regular looking dee. I was hoping to stave off purchases until January for tax reasons, but today Siegel is offering free shipping on end-of-year sale items, today only, for orders $150 and over.

I bet J.T Batchelor has some great stuff.

Ed

Just got off the phone with Siegel. They just got nickled solid brass dees in, though they are not listed on the website.

Ed

Hi !!You have a real good choice of brass hardware suppliers located the United States. In France only one has survived .They have a Web site . They made buckles for harness only ,but they have very nice "nikel over brass "or bronze buckles.http://www.poursin-paris.fr/

Bye 

Edited by DemeterBrowser

Hi !!You have a real good choice of brass hardware suppliers located the United States. In France only one has survived .They have a Web site . They made buckles for harness only ,but they have very nice "nikel over brass "or bronze buckles.http://www.poursin-paris.fr/

Bye 

Demeter,

Those are beautiful buckles. I'm curious to know what their prices are. Would you mind asking them about prices on a few items, just to get an idea of their overall prices. I'd be interested in knowing the prices for the following (I'll try emailing them):

anneau fondu, 40mm

boucle sous-ventriere simple, 30mm

dé demi-rond fondu, 25mm

boucle lyre, 30mm

I'll take detailed pictures of the brass hardware I'm using. Let me know if anyone is interested in going in on and sharing bulk orders 500 to 10,000 , or whatever (US or European sellers). I'm sure the best prices will be found in the US but the best quality will be found in Europe.

Great source, Demeter. Thanks.

Ed