ClintM

Feed Back On Metal Strap Cutter And Where To Purchase?

Does anyone have experience with the metal type strap cutter and if so What do you like or dislike about it?

I have used the wood type and it has a lot of play in it over time.

Also does anyone know where can they be purchased?

post-16030-086462800 1342387148_thumb.jp

Does anyone have experience with the metal type strap cutter and if so What do you like or dislike about it?

I have used the wood type and it has a lot of play in it over time.

Also does anyone know where can they be purchased?

I had one at one time and give it to a guy I didn't like. I use the original wood one. I have tried a couple of the Tandy Knockoffs and they didn't work nearly as well as the original one. I bought a like new old stock one off of Ebay for $10.00 a few months ago for a friend of mine. I wouldn't waste my money on the metal one, which Tandy sells. Hope this helps. Ken

Ken, I use the wood one a lot but have the cheap Tandy one. What's the name of the good one? I'd like to keep a look out and maybe pick one up. The Tandy one has held up ok but it's kind of flimsy imo.

I believe it's called "The Original Strap Cutter." made by Leather products inc.

I found one for sale on Etsy

The "ORIGINAL" Strap Cutter

http://www.etsy.com/listing/95211213/the-original-strip-and-strap-cutter-the

Hi... the metal strap cutter just didn't fly, mainly because at some point in a strap cutter's life, it gets dropped... and it always seems to land wrong, and it breaks. The guys are right about The Original Strap Cutter. It just works well, and holds up well. We've used some in our shop for years, and they're still going strong. :)

Kevin

Thanks everyone for the great information it is well appreciated.

:cowboy: You helped make this purchase decision a lot easier.

A couple of years ago I was clearing out my old workshop ready for a move. Behind a bench I found the instruction leaflet for the Original Strap Cutter which I bought in 1972. 40 years later, it's still going strong, and I use it every day (I've had to sharpen the blade a few times!).

I've attached a pdf of the leaflet, just for interest.

Strap-cutter.pdf

A couple of years ago I was clearing out my old workshop ready for a move. Behind a bench I found the instruction leaflet for the Original Strap Cutter which I bought in 1972. 40 years later, it's still going strong, and I use it every day (I've had to sharpen the blade a few times!).

I've attached a pdf of the leaflet, just for interest.

That is amazing, thanks a lot for posting this.

That sounds like a tool that is well worth every penny.