Rohn

First Mexican Round Braid - Holster, Billfold

I finally finished some projects with the MRB. I want to say thanks to Chief for the videos. They were a BIG help.

I like the billfold done with this round raid but I don't prefer it for the holster. I think I'll do my holsters with the triple loop braid as it seems to lay better and flatter for the heavier holsters. The bill fold is a different story, I'll be using the round braid on all future billfolds and similar projects.

This billfold is one of Tandy's kits. I did it for a customer and he did not want anything stamped or carved on it. Just plain black. So that is what I did. I much prefer to stamp or carve a design, but I must do what the customer wants.

post-25449-0-83675800-1410223281_thumb.j

post-25449-0-47887800-1410223292_thumb.j

post-25449-0-29326300-1410223302_thumb.j

lol ! Now I had just the opposite reaction I like the looks of it on the holster better, but then; I am just judging by pictures By the way, damn fine looking holster !

Looking good Rohn

The customer is always right, even when they are wrong :)

They both look great Rohn, excellent job. I really like it on wallets, one thing is that it looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside, that really sets it off on a wallet. I haven't laced any holsters, I sew them, but I think yours look great regardless of which stitch you use.

Chief

Halitech, Thanks for the kind words.

Chief, I do a lot of holsters and not very many wallets. I am going to make myself a new wallet as soon as I get the time. I was actually going to use the kit shown here for myself when I got a request from a customer for a wallet so I used it for the customer. I think I'm going to do mine by cutting all the parts out myself instead of using a kit. The billfold I now have I made over thirty years ago and while it is looks very well worn it is still useable. I think I need a new one and I'll be using the Mexican Round Braid on it.

I actually agree with Wyoming Slick (though I'm no expert on holsters). I really like how it looks.