Sign in to follow this  
Mike

What do you folks use for inserts?

Just curious. What do you folks use for inserts? Do you make your own or buy pre-made inserts? I've done both and I tend to prefer pre-made interiors if one fits my project. My own wallet has a Chaylor-Finelli insert which is really nice but fragile. (The finish wears off.)

Mike

If it's just a check book I make all my insides. But the roper style and others I will buy the premade ones as it just takes too much time to make them on you own.

Mike,

For the simpler things like card cases, checkbooks, or simple wallet insides, I make mine. Otherwise I use unpunched TLF inserts. That old mission grain whatever-it-is is pretty durable. I bought a sackful of the Chaylor-Finelli inserts last year. I have durability issues. Also I think they are harder to use. The sewing margins are pretty narrow on some. Some of the designs you almost need to sew from the inside to keep from sewing something shut. I have had one tear out. Not sure what I am going to do with the rest. My experience.

I prefer to make my own just because I have total contol over the design of the wallet