Storm

Playing With New Borders

Just a couple of pieces with my trying out a new border. Have to give it some more pratice but I like the direction.

Looking good so far! I have this tool and like this border alot but think it does require some practice.

Good luck with it!

Tom

i love this boarder, on my list to get this tool

I really like that border. Can you post pic of the tool? I've been looking for something like that at Tandy but haven't found it. Where did you get yours, if you don't mind me asking?

I like this border tool. Has much potential and you are doing well with it.

Turn it on a 45 degree and you get hearts.

P2190076.JPG

post-4868-1208361588_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan

Tom,

this one will also give you a slightly different version of the Greek Meander:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=6447-00

Oh yes, you're right! Looks interresting to put in that pattern. Seeing just one stamp impression seldom makes me see the use of it. Maybe some people have an eye for this or perhaps it develops after using this types more and more.

Jordan seems to have "the eye".

Thank you Hedge!

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

Thanks for the compliments. I am just practicing to get the nuances down. Herewith is a coaster with another tool I bought Craftool D447. A picture of it as well as the other D445 are attached. There are also smaller versions of this D445. I want to get them also. I really like them.

wish i could take credit but no I saw the heart thing on the tandy site or in one of their emails.

I just bought that D447. I'll often layer one of the craftool stamps with a hand-made stamp to give it a new look. Here's the last piece I did with that same stamp. Nice coasters, Storm!

draco_p102_2.jpg

post-5051-1208389446_thumb.jpg

Turn it on a 45 degree and you get hearts.
I just bought that D447. I'll often layer one of the craftool stamps with a hand-made stamp to give it a new look. Here's the last piece I did with that same stamp. Nice coasters, Storm!

Almost looks like small spiders there. You're artistry with playing theese type of stamps is just stunning Sojourner!

Tom

What a classy design - now, the next question is; how you do your dye to keep the design natural and the background black...hmmm. I sure as heck can't figure out that technique. Very nice indeed!

Just a couple of pieces with my trying out a new border. Have to give it some more pratice but I like the direction.

I must be nuts.. I really must be nuts..... I don't see any pictures, I don't see any attachments, it has been like that all morning... I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING....maybe I am not just leather-challenged?? OMG I am electronically challenged as well..... where are the pictures???? Someone please help me!!!

<whimper>

The forums got revamped a few months back and I think that some of the pictures were lost or simply haven't made their way back on yet.

Damon