Sign in to follow this  
leathernut

serious bike wreck a month ago

i just thought everybody should know.if this is already posted here ,i apologize.heres are some comments from close friends of levi...we all know grumpy my heart goes out to him and for a fast recovery.this was posted on another website so i thought i would post it here.for all you to know..thanks

Dan

Hi everyone...I am a friend of Levi's. He wanted me to let everyone here know that he was in a serious bike wreck a month ago leaving work on the bike. He is still in the hospital now partially paralyzed from the waist down. Anyone who he was doing work for can email me at cpaul@molex.com and I will act as a communication line. He just didn't want anyone to think he skipped out. He is projected to be released in early December, but that is a fluid situation for now and could easily change.

Let's all pray for him...

Chuck

Man this really freaked me!

I just got off the phone with Grumpy (Levi). He is having a hard time talking because his vocal cords are paralyzed along with everything from the nipple line down. He has a positive outlook on his situation and with good reason. He has use of his arms, which the doctor indicated he is luck he is not fully paralyzed with his neck being broken. Levi strongly beleives that God is going to pull him out of this.

Levi is the kind of man who does not want to burden anyone and he would never ask for anything. He appreciates all the support we can give him. I told him that we were all praying hard for him and wish him the best. I let him know about all the support he has from CC members and that meant everything to him.

Hopefully I will get the hospital information really soon. I would like to take up a collection off my website in order to help him out. As soon as I get a hold of Wavecrasher or Levi's wife, I will set up the donation page and have the money sent directly to one of thier accounts so I am hands off! Hopefully this will all work out.

May God make smooth the path you follow!

Thanks for letting us know. Tell Grumpy I'm praying for him, and please keep us updated.

Johanna

::( Really sorry to hear about this accident. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Get well soon!!

if i hear anymore news ,i will let everybody know!!!.im sure levi knows everybodys pulling for him to..

tell Grumpy to hang in there and get well soon,

We have a date for CORKEYS - B Q .

what terrrible news hope every thinng turns out ok, Don

I dont know Grumpy but lost my good friend Easy last week in FL to a bike accident.

All i can say to Grumpy and his friends is - stay positive, get the best medical assistance you can and hope that karma pulls you through - that is a tough break- and i feel for his family and friends.

steveb

steve sorry to hear about your friend bro..i feel for you to, lost a good friend myself a few yrs ago in a bike wreck...heres the lastest update on levi..

I spoke with Grumpy this AM. He has a real positive outlook. He has been going to physical therapy every day and re-training his body and mind. He seems to be in good spirits. The rehabilitation center is going to allow him to do leather work as a part of his rehab.

Levi has some good friends in Arkansas. They have paid off his bike and a re-building it. They have also built handicap access into his house and re-designed his bathroom for easy access. He has a great amount of support from his local motorcycle ministry.

Grumpy looks forward to getting back on his motorcycle and doin some riding!!

that's just awesome!! how can you not stay positive with support like that? and being able to leathercraft while in rehab will surely be a huge help in his recovery!

somebody posted this on the other website ,levi contact info on where hes been recovering..

If anyone would like to send a card or anything here is the info:

Baptist Rehabilitation Center

C/O Randy L. Adams

9601 Interstate 630, room 219

Little Rock, Arkansas 72205-7299

Edited by leathernut