MrLentz

Does My Bottom Stitch Look Right?

Hello,

I am working on the tensioning of my consew 206rb-5 I have two images here, one of the top side and one of the bottom. To me - a novice on a machine like this - the top is looking good, but the bottom thread appearance seems off? My first thought is to tighten tension for the top thread? It is already pretty tight though - enough that it is very difficult to pull the piece out when the stitch is doen, I have to manually pull some thread from the tensioner then my leather can be removed from below the needle.

post-25527-0-30341500-1452631995_thumb.j

post-25527-0-88703500-1452632004_thumb.j

Thanks!

What weight of leather and size of thread and needle are represented in the photographs? What kind of needle point are you using?

At first glance it looks like the thread and needle size are too big for the thickness of leather being sewn. It is difficult to keep the needle from tearing out the back but I think most machines can be set up to do better than what yours is doing. I am no expert but there are others here who are and can probably tell you exactly what you need to change.