pillowchat

New member, sortof ....

My wife works with leather and the two main items that she makes are pillows and ladies purses. I am biased, but I think that she does great work. This is nothing more than a hobby for her, but she does not get any constructive feedback, other than mine.

I am going to post a couple of pictures of her work with leather and would be interested to see some reaction.

DSCF0051.JPG DSCF0768.JPG

Thank you

post-5774-1200895092_thumb.jpg

post-5774-1200895450_thumb.jpg

Welcome pillow, you've come to the right place.

The one on the left is VERY nice indeed, the lacing looks real clean, and all in all it's very nice work. The one on the right, well I'm not too sure what it is exactly so I wont comment on it.

Tell your wife she's doing just great.

Ken

Welcome pillow, you've come to the right place.

The one on the left is VERY nice indeed, the lacing looks real clean, and all in all it's very nice work. The one on the right, well I'm not too sure what it is exactly so I wont comment on it.

Tell your wife she's doing just great.

Ken

Beaverslayer

The close up on the right shows the front and center of a pillow. My wife used a lightweight and patterned leather and then she folds the leather on a grid and stiches from the back to hold the folds in place. This is a technigue that she learned from a seamstress in England when she was over there. For leather, I think it provides a very interesting depth and a very good look to the work.

Thank you again for your comments.

It's hard to imagine that pattern on the right being out of leather. Do you have a picture of the finished pillow? That's really neat and I'd like to see more.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing pictures of your wife's work. I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

Clay

Welcome and I too would like to see the whole pillow on the right. The left one liiks ver neat.

Hi Pillow welcome to the forum, Don

It's hard to imagine that pattern on the right being out of leather. Do you have a picture of the finished pillow? That's really neat and I'd like to see more.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing pictures of your wife's work. I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

Clay

Here are two other pictures of that same type of pattern and hand work, using the lightweight leather. I tried to get a close up to show the leather.

Hope this helps.

Jan_2008_Leather_Pillow_work.JPG

Jan_2008_Leather_Pillow_work__1_.JPG

post-5774-1200949041_thumb.jpg

post-5774-1200949055_thumb.jpg

folded to look braided or woven, now that's interesting! I'd love to know that grid/pattern!

Welcome to you and your wife's work.

I like the pillow on the left. I see much potential in something like that. Very nice work. YAY FOR YOUR WIFE PILLOW.