rdb

Please Bring back the Lost Threads

Johanna,

Please let us know what it will take to bring back all the data from before the Crash. I'm sure there's a lot of us who believe the world is a drearier place without all those treasures, that were once here.

It's like the loss of the world's history when Library of Alexandria burned down. (Maybe I'm stretchin' it a bit there...lol)

If it's a matter of money to hire a programmer, please count me in for adding to the till, and I'ld bet there would be plenty others who would too! Just let us know.

If any of you people out there feel the same way, don't be afraid to Paypal a few dirham Johanna's way. Or if you haven't become a Contributing member yet, maybe you could do it now. She deserves it for all that she's done anyways.....

Not trying to cause trouble here, just feeling the loss today for some reason, and anything that makes this place stronger..., I'm all for it.

Hi rdb,

We are working on it. We were able to recover enough of the data, including the attachments, to reconstruct the old posts, and we have the knowledge to do it. But this will take time... please be patient. (But since you brought it up again, I will try to sneak in some more time this weekend to make more progress with it.)

Thanks,

Kate

Wonderful news Kate!

:specool:

It doesn't mean there shouldn't be a few coins in the cup for all that you people do!

For you newbies, the information retrieved will be well worth a little in their tip jar....

I will gladly do it for nothing, because I want them back as badly as anyone. Nice thought, though, thanks!

Kate

If anyone wants to throw a few bucks in the coffee kitty "just because" (THANK YOU rdb!!) click "My Controls" and "Purchase Paid Subscription". It costs about $60 a month in webhosting fees for this site and the chat room, and we are evaluating software for purchase to let us expand our services. Currently Contributing Members get extra PM storage space, the ability to post more and bigger pics and a warm fuzzy feeling knowing they are supporting this site. All money donated to this site goes back into this site- no one, not even hard working Kate, gets a salary. Shoot, we can't even do t-shirts! But we depend on people's generosity to pay the bills, and we appreciate everyone that is willing to help.

Johanna

Oh yeah, I don't want to discourage members from helping out with the hosting fees!

Kate

If anyone wants to throw a few bucks in the coffee kitty "just because" (THANK YOU rdb!!) click "My Controls" and "Purchase Paid Subscription". It costs about $60 a month in webhosting fees for this site and the chat room, and we are evaluating software for purchase to let us expand our services. Currently Contributing Members get extra PM storage space, the ability to post more and bigger pics and a warm fuzzy feeling knowing they are supporting this site. All money donated to this site goes back into this site- no one, not even hard working Kate, gets a salary. Shoot, we can't even do t-shirts! But we depend on people's generosity to pay the bills, and we appreciate everyone that is willing to help.

Johanna

Are you folks noticing the old posts are coming back? Okay, they all have different titles now (we lost the original ones!) but all but less than a thousand are back in place. Check your topics and make sure we didn't mess up your titles too badly, and let one of the greens know if you see anything that needs attention. Thanks.

Johanna

WOOHOO!!!!!!

Having them all back is freakin great! I'ld double all your paychecks, but that still adds up to zero, I'm afraid.

I think this calls for an New Enrollment period for new Subscribers. This amount of knowledge all in one place for free!!!! Send a few farthings, and some sheckels to help your LW keep this up. Imagine if you had to buy all this information from Leathercraft supplier's patterns and books.

How many of you have learned something here? What would it cost to have bought a whole book to only use one chapters information? I for one don't want this Forum to EVER disappear. The crash was scary to those of us who were here. Time to show a little support.

Great now I have a whole bunch of new threads to look thru,

LOL thanks for bringing them back as I joined right after the crash so didnt get to see all the older stuff you guys had here.

Wow... Congratulations! :trumpet:

I see you were even able to revive each post's images. (I know for a while it was thought that the images from the old posts were gone forever.)

Outstanding job!