Glendon

Large Set Of Custom Leather Stamps

Hi all,

I am looking for the best option to get a fairly large set of custom stamps made. Basically what I want made is a full set of the Japanese Hiragana alphabet. It would work out to somewhere around 50 stamps depending on if you did sound change marks as individual stamps or not. I've looked around quite extensively, including Japanese leatherwork websites and can not find them ready for sale. So I'm looking into custom work.

Obviously because of the numbers involved, I want to get these made as cheaply as possible while still getting a decent quality set of tools. The most economical option seems to be to have the whole set photo engraved on a magnesium plate and then cut the stamps myself. Or ask the engraving company to do it. It looks like a couple of places will.

Has anyone worked with wany companies doing an order this size? I've found a couple of options,

www.leprevo.co.uk

www.phillipsengraving.com

and Infinity Stamps, which of course would be the most expensive option

Obviously I don't mind spending a bit of money on this, a hundred or two, but I can't be dropping $60 a pop which is pretty much the bottom floor price on the laser engraved stamps.

I hope you can get your stamps made but from what I know you aren't going to get them made for a couple dollars per stamp.

think about that for a minute, you couldn't even buy the metal for that????

Your best bet would be a Chinese company, there are certainly some around.

Good luck

ferg

Hi all,

I am looking for the best option to get a fairly large set of custom stamps made. Basically what I want made is a full set of the Japanese Hiragana alphabet. It would work out to somewhere around 50 stamps depending on if you did sound change marks as individual stamps or not. I've looked around quite extensively, including Japanese leatherwork websites and can not find them ready for sale. So I'm looking into custom work.

Obviously because of the numbers involved, I want to get these made as cheaply as possible while still getting a decent quality set of tools. The most economical option seems to be to have the whole set photo engraved on a magnesium plate and then cut the stamps myself. Or ask the engraving company to do it. It looks like a couple of places will.

Has anyone worked with wany companies doing an order this size? I've found a couple of options,

www.leprevo.co.uk

www.phillipsengraving.com

and Infinity Stamps, which of course would be the most expensive option

Obviously I don't mind spending a bit of money on this, a hundred or two, but I can't be dropping $60 a pop which is pretty much the bottom floor price on the laser engraved stamps.

I ordered a set of custom alphabet / number stamps from Infinity Stamps earlier this year and while they were very expensive, it was well worth what I paid. In addition to the alphabet and number stamps, I also order some characters (i.e. &, -, etc.) which I believe were $20 - $30 for each character. If you check out Infinity's website the price listed for aphabet stamps is stamps used for metal stamping, not leather. The cost for leather alphabet stamps is actually more b/c they are deeper.

When I ordered my custom set they gave me a 10% discount on the total order. They were also very easy to work with, provided multiple proofs for approval. I'm extremely satisified with the stamps they made and i'll definately use them again.

Search the forums more. There is a member here who does Delrin stamps who may be able to do these for you. IIRC it wa Studio-N ?s