TomSwede

Bootstrap heavy metal diva/biker style

Larry Lassos beautiful spurstraps inspired me to make one in my own style. Just adding one more item to portfolio that (who knows) might appeal to possible clients.

It can be used to stop drag under the legsleeve for stylish bikers, just tuck the sleeve in under.

It is actually two straps, the retention strap sits underneath the stylish top strap. Top strap is loose in the fit so it can swivel when walking and to allow clearence for bootstrings, legsleeves.

Top strap is realeased by pulling it off the inside fastening knob, wanted to have one big piece of leather around for an uncluttered area to work the tooling art on.

About that spur, it's meant to be cut off for final product.

As I sometimes do, the art on this one is really portraying some personal stuff disguised in a tribal, biker/metal way.

Free coffee and donuts on me if you can figure out the motif, ClayB and Drac already knows and I'm feeling generous so they get a free round aswell.

BTW, I'm not a biker if anyone thought so (nor metal diva) and what is really a heavy metal diva?

Answer:

Tom

IMG_6128_01.jpg

IMG_6132_01.jpg

IMG_6135_01.jpg

IMG_6136_01.jpg

IMG_6139_01.jpg

post-5146-1204030281_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1204030296_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1204030311_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1204030326_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1204030338_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomSwede

I like solving puzzles, but that motif has go me stumped!

Well, no donuts for me...but I like the tooling, and the vid was funny. I like your style, man...

--Phil

I approve. you can stay. *L*

Damn it I know that symbol on the sides of the cross. Prince? DAMN IT!!! Where do I know it from?!?!?! Is it a game?

These are awesome dude. I love the look. Now I have to go get some spurs. Hey, I liked the video but I'm not worried cause he did not use clear nail polish so I'm good. Still safe...*hugs bottle of polish* No one will hurt you little bottle.

These really are awesome dude. Color and work is so clean.

Thanks a bunch guys! I really appreciate it!

Alex, love to hear that about the backgrounding. Took alot of time and perseverence and still think there are a few spots that could have been done better. The little A104 craftool is the only one used.

Drac, :notworthy: Masters voice have ruled!

Spider, Prince...Pffffffh :youwish:

The tribals on the sides originates from a tattoo tribal flashart magazine, don't know anything else 'bout them.

The circular sawtoothblade border is the element of water (waves) and that is essential for life. The ironcross, as I see it, is an incarnation of some reminiscent symbols used by vikings, celts and other heathen beliefs representing the sun, again an essential for life. The tribals on the sides is life itself in the shape of two birds holding the sun between their tails.

From the beginning I had the cross in the back of my head and when my eyes fell on this tribal I noticed the similarity to a magpie with it's long tail and the motif was born, the border was just given after that.

The red colour should have had a sort of a black haze over it and it had too but I was just so eager i forgot that I had to let the stains harden before that leather balm with carnubawax. I'm used to plastic spray, wich can be applied after a short time.

Thank you all!

Tom

Well, Still awesome work man. I really really like it...

...but no Prince huh? '?'

Thanks spider! Ah. now I get it. The prince gotta be OZZY, right!

Just thought about heading over to your bag thingie post and clutter down some stuff.

See ya' there!

Oh BTW, I have only one strap made, not a pair. Running out on shelf space here.

Tom

Edited by TomSwede