jwwright

Duall 88 Contact Cement

Does anyone have a good source for Duall 88 Cement, other than Siegel's ? I use Master's contact cement for a lot of things, but there are a few things that I really prefer the Dual for. Any leads appreciated. Thanks, JW

Does anyone have a good source for Duall 88 Cement, other than Siegel's ? I use Master's contact cement for a lot of things, but there are a few things that I really prefer the Dual for. Any leads appreciated. Thanks, JW

I usually wait until Siegel's has the 88 on sale and then buy enough to get the free shipping. I've just ordered the xl-8, made by the same company, from Zack White, who told me that the Duall 88 is being discontinued. Don't know if this is true or not.

ed

JW. I don't know if you found a supplier for the Duall 88 Contact Cement, but I just bought some at a place in Kansas City called KONOMA's Distributing 5629 E. Trueman Rd, Kansas City MO. 816-483-9388. They usually do mail order to retail stores such as shoe repair shops etc, but I was in KC and stopped in and got some. I don't remember off hand what I paid, but it seems like it was around $15 - $20.00 for a quart can. Hope this helps. Deb

I've taken Luke's advice and have now gone with Tandy's contact cement. I buy it when it goes on sale.

ed

Thanks for the lead on the 88 Deb. I prefer and use Masters for most things , but I really like the non stringing factor of the 88 for some things, such as cantle bindings. Thanks again, JW

JW,

Try the XL-8. It is made by the same mfgr, and has better holding properties. It has been my favorite for over 20 years.

Keith

Thanks Keith...................any leads as to where to purchase it? JW

Zack White Leather has it. I tried a quart but still prefer the 88 or Tandy contact cement.

Ed

Konomos Distributing

KCMo

816-483-9388

no web site

XL-8 is sold through shoe repair findings companies. I use enough to buy direct. It does not fairly compare to other contact cements. It does take some getting used to, and you need to make a consious effort to learn how to use it effectively. For me, it is far superior to other cements. Its working time is different and a bit variable depending on leathers. After a gallon or two then make a qualified judgment.

Keith