FirefighterCraig

New From Nc

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to leatherworking - about a year and a half. I found this site today, it’s great!

I'm a firefighter who makes leather fire helmet shields and radio straps for other firefighters in my spare time. I've got lots to learn, and hope to pick up some new skills and advice here!

If you want to see what I do, you can visit my web site:

www.firefightershields.com

Thanks for looking.

Craig

That is some AWESOME work. I really like it alot!

My younger sister moved to NC (Raleigh area) from NH last year, and she's enjoying the lack of snow.

Welcome to the Forum!

Stay safe and sane!

Welcome, Craig! Chatham County here.

Real nice work. I'll bet that small piece of leather looks pretty big sometimes.

Nice work, Craig. You guys in the US have leatherworking opportunities denied to us on this side of the pond. Our fire services are pretty reserved about uniform. Such a shame! Ray

Great looking shields!!! I agree with Ray, In Sweden we have the same restrictions!!

Welcome to the board!! You're allready off with a good start but I'm sure you can pick up something here anways.

We love pics here!!

Tom

Welcome to the forum fron Iredell county! That is some fine work!

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to leatherworking - about a year and a half. I found this site today, it's great!

I'm a firefighter who makes leather fire helmet shields and radio straps for other firefighters in my spare time. I've got lots to learn, and hope to pick up some new skills and advice here!

Thanks for looking.

Craig

Man that is neat. I have been asked about the radio straps but never thought about the hats, by the look of them you are located near me. Are you from Charlotte?

Man that is neat. I have been asked about the radio straps but never thought about the hats, by the look of them you are located near me. Are you from Charlotte?

Thanks everyone.

Yes. Just south of Charlotte.

I'm fairly new to the radio straps. Would you treat a dyed/painted strap with neatsfoot oil then an acrylic top coat?

Craig

Welcome Craig! Glad you found us. Steve

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to leatherworking - about a year and a half. I found this site today, it's great!

Thanks for looking.

Craig

hey welcome and i checked out your site and you do very good work. i really like them.

welcome Sir

that is amazing work please post some pics to the show off forum.

Josh

Raleigh here. Welcome to the board.

Thanks for looking.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Great work! I have been in the fire service for 21 years total and working with leather for three months. The shield and suspenders are on my short list!

Sounds like you are near me. I am in Southern Lancaster County, SC.

Be safe!

Tim

You make some really nice stuff, Craig. Welcome!