Sign in to follow this  
joet

Half size saddle

I am currently planning on making the half size saddle. I found the tree for it, but it calls for 2 ozs., 1/4", 18 Gauge aircraft nails. Where can these things be picked up at, and what do they look like? This is the last item I need to complete this saddle. Or will something else do the job just as well?

Try weaver.com and email them to see what they have

I am currently planning on making the half size saddle. I found the tree for it, but it calls for 2 ozs., 1/4", 18 Gauge aircraft nails. Where can these things be picked up at, and what do they look like? This is the last item I need to complete this saddle. Or will something else do the job just as well?
wicksaircraft.com

Go to the hardware store and look for "finishing nails" I am working on a "half pint" saddle and 1/4 inch nails seem a little short to me I have used at least 1/2 to 3/4 inch nails. (Just my opinion) and they work for me. :banana:

Rick J.

See minisaddlemaker...he just joined and that's his specialty.