Sign in to follow this  
sheridanman

a checkbook for a family friend

hi guys

kinda hesistant to show off here since most of the guys here have really compettion level work so here goes mine. here is a checkbook i have been making for this month. this was tooled some weeks ago. i just got back to it and now before stitching i need to color this but cant decide if i'd just stain or go natural. anyways here it is just showin how much more improvement i need on my tooling. i promise to really get back into it and practice more this style since this is the only style i know and learned from my mentor ron ross. its so challenging and beautiful but my level is still low unlike the others here who are already up there in the show level. i resized the pic so its ok now. thanks all have a great christmas everyone!!!-------------ritch

DSC08912.JPG

DSC08911.JPG

post-6432-126025931714_thumb.jpg

post-6432-126025933309_thumb.jpg

Edited by sheridanman

hi guys

kinda hesistant to show off here since most of the guys here have really compettion level work so here goes mine. here is a checkbook i have been making for this month. this was tooled some weeks ago. i just got back to it and now before stitching i need to color this but cant decide if i'd just stain or go natural. anyways here it is just showin how much more improvement i need on my tooling. i promise to really get back into it and practice more this style since this is the only style i know and learned from my mentor ron ross. its so challenging and beautiful but my level is still low unlike the others here who are already up there in the show level. i resized the pic so its ok now. thanks all have a great christmas everyone!!!-------------ritch

Ritch,

Don't be shy everyone always enjoys looking at others work. Yours is looking really good...but that's to be expected when you have a mentor like Ron Ross. Keep working because your work is really promising and going to be that show quality that you're talking about in pretty short order.

Nicely done,

Dave

Hi Ritch,

I'm partial to the Light Brown for the background, with the Sheridan brown, or Med Brown Antique, applied over a NeatLac finish. Keep up the good work,,, it's looking good!

Ed

hi guys

thanks david for your encouragement and i hope someday my work would reach your level and that show quality i am really striving for.

and ed the bearman i will be sending you the payment maybe within this week or the latest next week im kinda busy i dont have time to go out but man if my maul is ready pls send me pics just to keep me on my toes. thanks guys appreciate your encouragement it keeps me going!!!!----ritch

ritch.remo@yahoo.com

Edited by sheridanman