Sign in to follow this  
TomSwede

Pedalset

This is a pedalset I made for my brother. It's a quickie I made up just to have something to try and experiment on his car with.

So bare with the obvious flaws on this one. It's nothing more than a first rounder and they're kinda slippery so maybe not so good in safety aspects. Also have to work out how to fasten them in a secure way so this pair is likely to get ruined in the process. I'll set him up with better looking ones when all issues is resolved.

I added gold in the black dye after a tip from Roo. It looks very good in reality.

Tom

Pedalset_camaro.jpg

post-5146-1215427326_thumb.jpg

Very Cool, I am not sure I would want to step on them I would not want to wear them out.

The gold was a nice touch.

Tpsorion

TOM..................... :notworthy::clapping::specool::cheers::notworthy:

I'LL JUST LEAVE IT AT THIS.....

thats a sharp set tom...the gold and black really makes it pop!!...but ya spelled "camaro" all wrong bro...its not a upside down U then a D backwards E and another D then a backwards G...but ya got the O on the end right :crazy: lol

ya man i'd hate to put my dirty ol shoes on them :head_hurts_kr:

darryl

Edited by sodapop

Hey Tom,

I second Darryl.  Tell your brother no muddies shoes in the car.  Perhaps you could make hime some pedal slip cover for the rain and snow day!

Nice work. I bet they look great in the car.

Storm

This is a great idea for a car show item. I doubt they would last in real life use, but if you put them on at the show you would get a lot of intrest.

Oh, thank you so much everyone!

1 :cheers: 2 :cheers: 3 :cheers: 4 :cheers:

One pint for all of you, come back for more when glass is empty, bars are open 3 more hours here in Sweden.

I just knew I'd get that spelling wrong, typical me :rolleyes: , oh darn oh darn!

Don't know how I will fasten them but the originals seem to have slip-on rubber type pads or perhaps it is soft plastic so if I can slide them of I'll prolly make some holes to strip them down on those slip-ons and just slide it all back on. Let it sit over winter, yeah, with all that snow and boots with bits of gravel stuck in between and see how it holds up. They prolly get ruined but it's collected experience with scraps I wanna just get rid off anyways.

One thing I thought was to cover them with form cut plexiglass pieces, grind patterns into them to avoid slipping the foot on pedal AND illuminate them with coloured 12V LED's on the sides wich would make a cool glow in the dark. We'll see about that, they're kinda small to make this perfect if I'm gonna get the leather to show through aswell. Also plexiglass scratches easy.

Electrathon nailed my original thought but as stated, for now it's just gathering experience.

Tom

Tom, just tell him to drive barefoot....THOSE ROCK!!!! :notworthy:

Flaws? hmmm, These are really cool bro. Great going.

Thank you Pavilionpony and Spider.

I'd like to see him go barefoot, lol.

Flaws, well the leather is not very good looking in itself really and the patterns I got from his car is kind of crooked and so are those pedalpads. I just didn't want to waste to much energy on this first setup.

Tom

TOM,

Those pedal covers are GREAT ! ! !

I bet car collectors would love them also.

Good idea to sell them at car shows.

Again, GREAT WORK TOM.

Thank you craftsman!

This is might be good material to sell that way. They are easy and quick in the makings allthough at carshows one would be worried about copyright infringements since your'e likely to run into people of companies like Chevy so for shows one would have to concentrate on flames, tribals and own designs. I have a feeling that general swedish guy doesn't understand the serious risk in putting established brand on an item to sell and just say -Öh, I drive chevy (or whatever), don't you have those? -No! -Oh crap, I only want a chevy logo!

-Well dear Sir, I could make you a custom one with your carclubs logo (or whatever), of course with a slightly higher price but a one off custom piece! -Nah, they sell 'em at the lowprice market with chevy logo, better save my money for (watered down tap) beer (in a plastic cup).

Am I feeling blue or what, lol. Anyways I have discarded alot of people with this attitude in the past when they have been looking at my bracers. I tell them to wait for the big summer festival here and get those cheap massproduced Taiwan leatherputty ones instead.

Well let's leave it at that. I'm just very tired.

:cheers:

Tom