Sign in to follow this  
TXAG

Source For Roo Lace

Ok, so I've had it with Springfield Leather and won't be buying from them anymore. You can PM me if you want details. :mad:

Does anyone have a good source of high quality roo lace in the USA other than them, please?

I do have a new lace cutter and will be buying some roo hides in a couple of months, but would like to find another source for lace in the meantime.

Thanks.

Edited by TXAG

Y-Knot Lace.

I'm sorry to hear that about Springfield. I don't need details since they've always been good to me. Sucks that you had a bad experience though.

Well maybe if you're lucky, they won't suddenly do to you what they did to me. I didn't have a problem with them either on a couple of previous orders, but this ########## they've just pulled on me is enough for me to write them off forever. Ridiculous.

Thanks all...I will check out all suggested links...thank you again...

I use Morgan they have always been very helpful with my order since I'm not a expert & don't know what to order or how much I would need. So been able to explain my project and they have given me suggestions on what to order and so far its been dead on.

I cut my own lace starting with a full hide. I use an Australian strander that can be purchased at Tandy leather. Start by trimming the edge of the hide so U have rounded corners and start cutting around the outside. You should be able to cut larger lace this way as long as U have a sharp blade to keep it even. If u want to do more refined work a cutter/beveler would be a good investment. I usually start with a 3/8" string then stretch it and cut the final pass on a string cutter. The last few hide i got were from Tandy when on sale or Sheridan leather.

Edited by Leatherpownder

I've been getting my hides from Hardtke in El Paso, Tx. Real prompt delivery, drum-stuffed Packer Hides. Cut all my own lace, 6/32, and size and bevel from there. Split button string but don't need to on the larger hackamore body strings. Brad