Sign in to follow this  
The Major

Wallet with firefighters emblem

Its been a long time since I posted anything. Been too busy with orders (yippie). Anywho. Here is a wallet I just finished for a client. She wanted a fire fighters emblem, but with a not so traditional twist. So this is what I came up with. I don't think it turned out too badly. I need to work on my lettering a little. The "halo" around the flames and emblem is intentional to offer a little shadow. It is all colored with spirit dyes, cept the white. Let me know what you think. :whatdoyouthink:

firefighter1.jpg

firefighter3.jpg

post-50-1165948842_thumb.jpg

post-50-1165948937_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Major

nice! you have some nice detail in the emblems

Yes, that is a very cool wallet indeed. I really like it! I have a couple questions. . . Is the lettering just cut in with the swivel knife? Also, how did you paint/dye the letters?

Yes, that is a very cool wallet indeed. I really like it! I have a couple questions. . . Is the lettering just cut in with the swivel knife? Also, how did you paint/dye the letters?

Thanks!

I used a fine swivel knife blade to cut the letters and rounded them off using my modeling tool. I used flat black acrylic paint with a very fine brush to color the letters.