JET4

Fair Pricing For Clicking?

Hey everyone,

As we speak, the UPS man is on his way with my first set of dies made by Texas Custom Dies. With this advancement, I can cut my labor on my most popular item in half (at least). To say I am excited is an understatement!

While I hope to someday have my own clicker press, I have to rely on outsourcing the clicking for now. I have been quoted a wide variety of prices while getting bids to do the work. The rough dimensions of the pieces are 16"x2" and 14 1/2 x 1 1/2. For a completed product, I need 1 of the 16" pieces and 2 of the 14 1/2 " pieces. These are being clicked out of 12-13 oz latigo. I have been quoted $1 a click by the place I get my leather from, $.50 a click at one local shop if I buy the leather there (at $9+ a sq ft that ain't happening), and "maybe $.25 a click" by another local shop but she would have to see the dies.

Obviously, the last one would be the way to go if she really sticks with that price. I was just curious if $1 a click is in line with what others are paying.

Thanks,

JET

My die cutter charges me $30.00 / hour

Al

Interesting question I most often hear .50 to a dollar per click. We charge 30 cents per click, plus the invoice cost for leather if we provide it, or you can supply your own leather. We can also make your dies for you. and have at times when people were ordering alot of clicks of a other wise useful pattern,or can work with standard patterns we have we will provide the die and save that cost for you. You can see some of the dies we provide at

www.prorodeooriginals.com I will also attach a couple pictures. dies are reasonably priced and guaranteed. small dies can also be built with a handle to hammer punch them.

Thanks

blanket crn.bmp

Interesting question I most often hear .50 to a dollar per click. We charge 30 cents per click, plus the invoice cost for leather if we provide it, or you can supply your own leather. We can also make your dies for you. and have at times when people were ordering alot of clicks of a other wise useful pattern,or can work with standard patterns we have we will provide the die and save that cost for you. You can see some of the dies we provide at

www.prorodeooriginals.com I will also attach a couple pictures. dies are reasonably priced and guaranteed. small dies can also be built with a handle to hammer punch them.

Thanks

Dink - I sent an email to the aol address listed on the website in your message. I'm interested in getting some small dies made with a handle so that they can be hammer punched as I don't have a clicker press or have the room for one. The website doesn't mention that the clicker dies can be made with a handle so I'm glad that you mentioned it in your post. I'll need to get at least two made with the potential of getting another 3 - 4 made afterwards. Thanks again for posting that your company could fabricate clicker dies with handles.

Thanks

Hi Dink, if i make 4 dies,

3.5 X 7.8,

7.8 X 8,

2 X 7.8,

7 X 7.8.

And I live in Singapore, plus I don't have a clicker, I was wondering if it would be cheaper eventually for you to keep the dies and click the pieces of me.

How does the per click charge go? How many dies per click?

Would a handle-hammered die work for the sizes I mentioned?

Don't know anything about your question. But I used to work with Col. Al Abernathy at Fort Sill Okla. Your town was named after his kinfolk and he used to return for the special celebration days. I'm sure he is dead by now, so I'm just wasting time and space with this info. But what do you expect from old geezers with nothing but time on their hands?

Sarge

Hey everyone,

As we speak, the UPS man is on his way with my first set of dies made by Texas Custom Dies. With this advancement, I can cut my labor on my most popular item in half (at least). To say I am excited is an understatement!

While I hope to someday have my own clicker press, I have to rely on outsourcing the clicking for now. I have been quoted a wide variety of prices while getting bids to do the work. The rough dimensions of the pieces are 16"x2" and 14 1/2 x 1 1/2. For a completed product, I need 1 of the 16" pieces and 2 of the 14 1/2 " pieces. These are being clicked out of 12-13 oz latigo. I have been quoted $1 a click by the place I get my leather from, $.50 a click at one local shop if I buy the leather there (at $9+ a sq ft that ain't happening), and "maybe $.25 a click" by another local shop but she would have to see the dies.

Obviously, the last one would be the way to go if she really sticks with that price. I was just curious if $1 a click is in line with what others are paying.

Thanks,

JET