Bruno Rock

Hell On Wheels Cullen Bohannon's Gunbelt

Howdy folks,

Hell on Wheels, one of my favourite TV Series so far, has just began for the 5th and final season, so today I was trying to make, the holster pattern of the main protagonist, Cullen Bohannon, former Confederate Officer, looking for vengeance and ended up as a Railroad man, he used to carry a brass framed 1860 Colt Army in the first two seasons, now he has switched to a 1858 Remington.

It's basically a mexican doble loop holster, with a large teardrop as backskirt.

The belt it's pretty straight forward,it's a 1 3/4 inch belt and the buckle is an heavy duty roller buckle from Tandy.

I've tried to distress the leather on the holster to make it a little bit aged according to the TV show.

Well, tell me guys what do you think, suggestions and tips are welcome for future improvements.

Cheers from Italy

post-52032-0-62347000-1438795796_thumb.j

post-52032-0-51257400-1438795871_thumb.j

post-52032-0-77739700-1438795900_thumb.j

post-52032-0-58765800-1438795938_thumb.j

post-52032-0-98800500-1438795952_thumb.j

Kool Rig!

Bohannon...I really like that show too!

I think yours is either a darker brown or black the back piece need to lay against the leg instead of sticking out like it is now once you fix that you'll be able to tell if you need to trim it.

Can someone send me a link or a document with a pattern for the bohannon holster? I’d love to make one for my 51. 

I'm not aware of any pattern available for it. Looking at the first photo it's actually a pretty simple, basic design, a Mexican loop with two loops, a wide skirt that finishes above the bottom of the holster and is designed to ride high on the belt. It appears to be soft leather with unfinished edges. The fourth photo also shows the design quite clearly.