Sign in to follow this  
Frodo

My passion

My passion, is not leather. it is actually working with copper or metal

due to bad lungs because of breathing fumes from the flux and welding smoke i had to give it up

I found my pen last night  that I thought was lost. I am going to share it with you

This is a pen made from spent rifle shells

2- 30/06, 1 6.5x55. 1- 30 carbine and a 38 special

with a brass 1950 basketball school pendant tossed in 

002.JPG.48714d46d85bf78e21381a5aae05daa8.JPG

Pen is long enough and stout enough to use to defend yourself against an attack should you need to.  

the pocket clip is hand tooled from a solid piece of copper wire and soldered to the brass

003.JPG.b51d0b0ac7cb97c3e2f059f76f30b4fd.JPG

I made the top detachable  and used a file to make a whistle that can be used to summon help if need arises

004.JPG.857fa806dc5cdff5c36ec100b90fa617.JPG

The point is a 30 cal case slide into a 38 case. primer pocket drilled out to accept the tip of a BIC pen

005.JPG.274caadab4a8e0f04cfea31e3a0dc9ea.JPG

12 minutes ago, Frodo said:

My passion, is not leather. it is actually working with copper or metal

due to bad lungs because of breathing fumes from the flux and welding smoke i had to give it up

I found my pen last night  that I thought was lost. I am going to share it with you

This is a pen made from spent rifle shells

2- 30/06, 1 6.5x55. 1- 30 carbine and a 38 special

with a brass 1950 basketball school pendant tossed in 

002.JPG.48714d46d85bf78e21381a5aae05daa8.JPG

Pen is long enough and stout enough to use to defend yourself against an attack should you need to.  

the pocket clip is hand tooled from a solid piece of copper wire and soldered to the brass

003.JPG.b51d0b0ac7cb97c3e2f059f76f30b4fd.JPG

I made the top detachable  and used a file to make a whistle that can be used to summon help if need arises

004.JPG.857fa806dc5cdff5c36ec100b90fa617.JPG

The point is a 30 cal case slide into a 38 case. primer pocket drilled out to accept the tip of a BIC pen

005.JPG.274caadab4a8e0f04cfea31e3a0dc9ea.JPG

that is absolutely the coolest  cartridge case pen i have ever seen! 

very cool Frodo you are a talented man.

What a such beautiful pen, you're very talanted 

DSCN5481.JPG.8671fb22efde1e350e95a0f76bde89a6.JPG138532700_bikeralley002.jpg.01d318d5fd4dfe84af541be8f650a006.jpgpianio.png.3f3f2a90afbad1d3452841323041b6ad.png

This money clip I made has a story that goes with it

money_clip.png.b6e477964aa2a229ed0dc05656c4b08b.png

This is a piece of type K 3/4'' copper pipe cut open and pounded flat with some 1/4'' nuts soldered to it.  I carried this in my pocket for over a year

My wife was in he hospital and I spent my days at her side, I was sitting in the chair and this cross was in my hand.The Hospital preacher stop by and asked if we like to have a prayer with him. we talked awhile then as he was leaving I felt compelled to  hand him this old homemade cross. The preacher accepted it slipped it in his pocket and left. The next day as I was getting on the elevator, The preacher got on.  He said thank you again for the copper cross, i told him AW Man, No problem i make stuff like that all the time. It just felt like it wanted to be in your pocket instead of mine. The preacher said I mean it, You helped me more than you know.  He said that he was having personal problems and was thinking of leaving the church all together. But as he looked at my cross he felt that his faith was restored and made the decision to stay

So .Being a Christian, [not the best, but a work in progress]  It makes me wonder. I know Jesus works through us to help others. So. Did he send my wife to the hospital so that I could meet the preacher to help him come back to his flock?

Or was it just a chance meeting?

6 minutes ago, Frodo said:

This money clip I made has a story that goes with it

money_clip.png.b6e477964aa2a229ed0dc05656c4b08b.png

This is a piece of type K 3/4'' copper pipe cut open and pounded flat with some 1/4'' nuts soldered to it.  I carried this in my pocket for over a year

My wife was in he hospital and I spent my days at her side, I was sitting in the chair and this cross was in my hand.The Hospital preacher stop by and asked if we like to have a prayer with him. we talked awhile then as he was leaving I felt compelled to  hand him this old homemade cross. The preacher accepted it slipped it in his pocket and left. The next day as I was getting on the elevator, The preacher got on.  He said thank you again for the copper cross, i told him AW Man, No problem i make stuff like that all the time. It just felt like it wanted to be in your pocket instead of mine. The preacher said I mean it, You helped me more than you know.  He said that he was having personal problems and was thinking of leaving the church all together. But as he looked at my cross he felt that his faith was restored and made the decision to stay

So .Being a Christian, [not the best, but a work in progress]  It makes me wonder. I know Jesus works through us to help others. So. Did he send my wife to the hospital so that I could meet the preacher to help him come back to his flock?

Or was it just a chance meeting?

sounds to me like it was a meeting all three of you needed. It always amazes me how he works, you never see it happening or know why you just feel it. Beautiful story my friend.

things you make don't have to be made perfect, to be seen as perfect. a person never really knows what an impact they make in the world until they get a a tiny glimpse as you did, kindness and a smile freely given are never wasted.