catskin

singer 29U172

I have used every search term I can think of and all I got is we can't find what you are looking for.  So either search on here is broken or there is nothing about this machine. I am wondering if a Singer 29U172 is a big bobbin patcher?

Try putting this into Google. leatherworker.net ; Singer 29U172

Our search engine has nowhere near the power of Goole.

Also what does the A mean after the 172 ?  I missed putting the A in my first post.

All the U machines were made in Japan.  The first was the 29U171.   The next series was the last one Singer made.  It was the 29U171A, 172A, 173A.  I have books on both.

Do you have a 29U171 or 29U171A?

glenn

2 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

All the U machines were made in Japan.  The first was the 29U171.   The next series was the last one Singer made.  It was the 29U171A, 172A, 173A.  I have books on both.

Do you have a 29U171 or 29U171A?

glenn

I expect to have a 29U172 A later this week.  What is the difference between a 172 and a 172A?

The 172A was built in Japan.  They never made a 29U172, only a 29U171.   The 29K172 was made in Scotland.  The good news is the 172A used some of the old parts and some new metric based parts.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

19 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

The 172A was built in Japan.  They never made a 29U172, only a 29U171.   The 29K172 was made in Scotland.  The good news is the 172A used some of the old parts and some new metric based parts.

glenn

Thank you,  I have seen a few places where  29U172  was mentioned but likely not quite accurate.  YOU are the one that knows the details.

send me a pic of the machine please.  

glenn

3 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

send me a pic of the machine please.  

glenn

I will when I get it.  I am not very digital so have not been able to post pictures on here. They were always too big.  I might have to email it to you. 

11 hours ago, catskin said:

have not been able to post pictures on here. They were always too big

Check the link below for helps and suggestions of how to resize photos to post here.  Lots of different options.

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/15122-how-to-post-pictures-on-lw/?do=findComment&comment=551171

3 hours ago, Northmount said:

Check the link below for helps and suggestions of how to resize photos to post here.  Lots of different options.

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/15122-how-to-post-pictures-on-lw/?do=findComment&comment=551171

Thank you I will try.   I have one big picture that posted on the does anyone use a pearson # 6 thread please delete it is no longer needed and I think  is stopping me from posting more.

3 hours ago, catskin said:

I think  is stopping me from posting more.

Pictures in other threads/posts don't stop you from adding pictures in a new thread.  Reduce the size to fit the restrictions.  Watch the on screen prompts to ensure the picture is uploaded and saved/posted in the post.