toxo

Makers stamp in the UK

Just looking for a reasonable job for a reasonable price here in the UK. Any recommends apart from Sergey. He's the benchmark.

Edited by toxo

I was hoping someone would supply you with the info & links. Lots of them

I've not been able to find any UK based maker that does a good job for an affordable price

I use three different makers based in China. Their prices are very good, as is their work. But you need to wait. It used to take about 10 days from buying to it arriving but last year a few stamps took 40 days, although I think that was due to the special N.I. Protocol. I think delivery time is now back to about 12 - 15 days

Company above, 2 cm x 2 cm = £59.99. One of my makers; 2cm x 2cm = £22.02, larger sizes go up by about £4.60 or £4 per cm, eg 3cm = £24.61, 4cm = £28.50

Where's the links Fred?

Get Leprevo to make an embossing plate. For their minimum order (~£50+VAT IIRC) you can get a variety of different sizes and designs made up. They are photoetched from zinc in the UK and very easy to cut apart and mount however you want. I do them on billets I can quick swap on one of my heated presses, but others epoxy them on handles you can thump with a mallet.

Other than value and speed, thanks to the method of manufacture these have a good draft angle which makes easier pressing and give better colour when heated.

I got some designs made by Le Prevo

I found that with the photo-etch there isn't a very sharp outline because the edge of the design is at an angle, unlike CNC cutting in brass which gives a very sharp line. Also, the photo etch could not resolve very fine lines

But it is still an option