Brokenolmarine

22 Plinking Pouch

I went out after dinner and got busy sewing.  All the prep work made the assembly easi(er) .  I was very happy to find that once the first side was completed, it turned out exactly as I had hoped.  I won't say it's easy, the box stitch is very floppy for the first few stitches but then as you tighten those it tightens up.  You are always leaving the last stitch a bit loose to aid in locating the next pair of holes, then tighten both.  Then the last one loosens a bit.  At the end the back stitch holds tight and melting the thread locks it.

Done... my original design turned out just as I had hoped.  I made adjustments along the way, but it worked.  Whoo Hoo.  It's done except for waxing or a Leather Sheen.  I'll let the person who'll receive it decide.  Whatever she wants.

Here is the view after the first side was done showing the box stitch.

1373449638_46boxstitch.thumb.jpg.707247568683f6e08921b3a34120c4a2.jpg

Now the view of the completed project.  The last step was adding the top snap.  Location was easy.  I closed it almost all the way, reached in with a marker and coated the top of the bottom snap and then closed the flap, marking the inside of the flap marking the position.  Punched the hole and attached  the snap. Sweet.  I'd use the same technique on woodworking for doors or box lids.

377180970_47done.thumb.jpg.9a6c3e77bb3211e081645972dc7b1f22.jpg

The view from the side:

791823398_48sideview.thumb.jpg.78c15e1b66689dff4842dac4b1b9f73b.jpg

and with the top open:

open.thumb.jpg.fe9ba09059f11fc17eb2546e8005ff63.jpg

Now, I get to start on number two. :P

wonderful job and info on your project, i think it turned out great and you gave enough info for anyone to make one as well. sewing right angles is not fun IMO.

Ahhhh, that's beautiful! It turned out great. I appreciate the detailed walkthrough as well,  especially all the tips. What a clever technique for marking the location of the snap! Gotta remember that one. 

Thanks also to @dikman for the PDFs of the other design. 

You guys are welcome.  I remember other projects, in many other disciplines where hours of work were ruined (in my mind) by a small step at the end where a minor detail is just off.  Later someone says, "Oh, all you do is... everyone knows that."

But everyone doesn't.  A lot of new people don't know the simple little things, and the veterans in hobbies often don't share.  Either because they assume, or they feel everyone needs to earn thru experience.  I share as much as I can, however, with all my surgery... There are memory issues. ;)

What were we talking about? :crazy:

That turned out very nice, and the very detailed explanation will doubtless prove useful to others.:specool:

Box-stitching is tedious and can be nerve-wracking, as well as time-consuming. Unfortunately there is no easy way around it, but it's a satisfying feeling to be able to do.

That is very impressive, especially for me since I'm new to the trade. Thanks for sharing the steps there is so much to be learned from them. Very beautiful work.