Stone14

3d printer

What printer is a goto printer for making leather stamps, patterns, debossed embossed etc, also for personalised name stamps etc.

Tia.

I have had good luck with the large bed Any Cubic.  Diagonally you can print something up to 20" long if it isn't too wide.

have some test stuff printed at a local print shop on different printers to help you decide.

I can make some stamps on my ender v3 but really detailed stuff fails because it has a 0.4 mm nozzle so any features smaller than disappear amd features that get cut off when the design gets converted into a 0.4mm wide tool path.
Also the plastic is quite weak so unless you make the stamp part really thin the small features will break.
Stuff like a McDonalds logo an inch wide should work fine, a starbucks logo in that size would be problematic, a coca cola logo would be impossible.

I can get better resolution if i put in a smaller nozzle and tweak settings but i have not done that yet so i can't say how that would turn out.

A resin printer can print more resolustion than a standard fdm printer but i have no idea if those prints are strong enough.

On 8/28/2022 at 3:16 PM, Stone14 said:

What printer is a goto printer for making leather stamps, patterns, debossed embossed etc, also for personalised name stamps etc.

All lot is going to depend on i) design / splicing software ii) the quality / type of filament iii) the quality of printer iv) nozzle size v) whether it has a heated bed and most importantly vi) your budget. I use Prusa printers and find them to be really excellent machines.

kgg

Get a Resin printer they offer much higher resolution and will make good molds for debossing and embossing, far better than the normal 3d printers like the ender3