Sign in to follow this  
Opagon

Introduction

I have been seraching for a place to share braiding ideas and meet other craftsmen/women for awhile when by chance I have come across this site. Thank you to those who started it and are working to maintain it.

A little about me: Living in Wisconsin and not have an indoor arena to ride in, I wanted to find something to do during the cold winters so I started braiding and fell in love with the endless possibilitys. I have been braiding rawhide and Roo for about 5 years now and during the last 2 have had to start selling items just to make more room for the other items that I want to make. (I never thought a Girl could have too much tack until I went through my tack rooom!) With 2 little kids running around I find myself braiding more Roo these days but hope to get back to the rawhide once the youngest hits school. I braid mostly traditional working gear (Fully braided and braid overlay) and like to dabble in smaller items (braclets, key chains, ect..) depending on the amount of time my kids will behave. When I started to sell the personal tack that I no longer wanted, I found my phone ringing from friends of friends that wanted a set/piece like so-and-so's and now find myself trying to figure out when I can stop braiding and go ride one of my pasture pet (supose to be show) horses.

So, in a nut shell that is me and I look forward to getting to know the gang here and sharing ideas.

Opagon (aka Heather)

Welcome to the forum Heather, it's great to have you here. There are anumber of braiders here, and you should fit in just fine.

You will also find that everyone is very friendly, and always ready and willing to help where they can, enjoy the forum.

Ken

Heather,

Glad to have you here. Lot of great folks to share ideas and help with.

Welcome Heather glad to have ya!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see ya work. Mike

howdie

Howdy Heather,

Braid work is fascinating. Hope to see some of yours soon.

Mike

Cool Heather...now let's see some pictures!!! :blahblahblah:

Hi Heather welcome to the forum, there are lots of braiders here so you will have lots to talk about and show pics of the latest creations, so feel free to show some of your pic as we would all like to see them, Don

Thank you all for making a girl feel welcomed... They aren't a lot of braiders in Wisconsin to talk to and bounce ideas off of. I have been checking out this site quite a bit and after seeing some of the work on here am feeling a little imtimadated about showing my stuff. There is only one way to get better at something and that is to practice. I look forward to some constructive criticism and exchanges.

This is a bracelet and necklace set I made up for a friend. Come Holiday season I seem to make a lot of variations of these for gifts. The plaiting is done in chocolate Roo with natural rawide accents and I added some little ferrules that I bought from a tack shop that was going out of business.

misc_009.jpg

Opagon

post-5205-1194704349_thumb.jpg

Wha... wha...what? you mean Im not supposed to ride in the snow and cold?? where did i go wrong. OOOOOhh the humanity of it all...

btw nice braidin