Gezzer

Wife says I am a redneck .....

4 hours ago, fredk said:

I never heard that name. Looked it up and found that its a Coypu, as known here. It became an 'invasion' species here but afaik the small colony here has been wiped out

Down this way, (southern Louisiana and southern Mississippi) we’ve got plenty if you want some more :lol:.  In the New Orleans area they have nutria hunters that get paid for every tail they turn in. 

10 hours ago, Brokenolmarine said:

I might do one with bear claws or teeth...

It IS Oklahoma....

Good work on yours.  Funny thing, I spent the last week getting my press ready to load.  Haven't needed to load anything since the move from VA, loaded a lot before we started packing, but bought the wife a new EDC and of course it's a caliber I didn't have practice ammo loaded for.  Plenty of factory duty... Ah, carry ammo, only fifty rounds of practice loaded.

Thank  you !  I looked at some resin (fake ) bear claws on line last night after reading some of these guys comments . If you don't mind , what did the little woman end up with for EDC ?

1 hour ago, Tequila said:

Down this way, (southern Louisiana and southern Mississippi) we’ve got plenty if you want some more :lol:.  In the New Orleans area they have nutria hunters that get paid for every tail they turn in. 

I  will throw in some kudzu  :lol:

2 hours ago, Tequila said:

can ya eat them? are their hides any good?

We don't have crocs. gators, bears, nuffin like that, so yesterday I bought, from an English ebay seller, a bag of small sized antler points. About 1.2kg, or about 2lb 10oz. Small points, maybe well over 100 of them. I'll count them later. Cost me nearly £32. Ordered yesterday morning at 06.44 and I received them 12.10 today !

As usual, I have a plan*; I'll maybe make 'look-a-like' Crocodile Dundee / Lightning Jack hat bands using the antler points instead of teeth

* only about 40% of my plans actually become reality 

edit to add; 190* useful sized antler points, another 51 of very small tips, only suitable for loop stoppers or small buttons. That's about 17p (about 20c) each just counting the goods uns

* thats a lot of Crocodile Dundee hat bands!

Edited by fredk

Great concept. I wonder if 12 gauge shotgun rounds would be too heavy. I'm also inspired to make a hat band. Great reading for a Saturday Morning Coffee! -JOE

@AlamoJoe2002  Thanks .  Well if just for looks , you could always reload some " dummy " rounds and have no weight problem . If however you want function..... I'm betting that they might be on the too heavy side . Looking forward to seeing yours if you do it :thumbsup:

Leave the shotgun shells empty and put your ceegars in them, have waterproof strike-anywhere matches in one though so ya can light up