Charles Klasman

About time....

Hey folks :-) 

I've been lurking here for years but never really introduced myself properly. Saw this thread list and thought it was "About Time" . 

So I live outside of Atlanta and I've been doing Waxed Canvas and Leather bags for about 8 years now. I sell most of my work on ETSY, half of it is custom requests. It all started when I landed a Singer 111 for 250 bucks from an upholstery shop that was going out of business. I needed to make seat covers for an old car I have. It worked out pretty good. One thing lead to another and I found more use for the machine. I'm generating just over 5 figures doing work when time permits. Could become a business in retirement but I'm not ready for that yet! 

Anyway, glad to know y'all. I'll post a few items for your viewing pleasure and a link to my page on ETSY. 

I'd be interested in any recommendations from all the wise folk here about where I might grow going forward. Which machine I might invest in going forward would be interesting. A better table machine or a saddle stitch......I'm just not sure which direction to go. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GothamBBC?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

LW 1.jpg

LW 2.JPG

LW 3.jpg

LW 4.png

LW 5.png

Edited by Charles Klasman

Good looking bags !

Very nice!

Welcome to the land of leather. Was outside of Atlanta near McDonough for 16 years before moving back to SW Missouri. Welcome!