Sign in to follow this  
Frodo

Need some measurements

Making a western rig for a pair of 44 mags

I will be cutting slots for the cartridge loops

does anyone know the measurement  center to center for the loop holes using 6oz veg?

also the length of the cartridge loop strap center to center

I do cartridge diameter plus 2 leather thicknesses. Need to wet mold with a loaded or resized case, not fired. The expansion makes a difference. 

Length depends on number of cases. 

Seems like each cartridge would need circumference (,44 x 3.14) plus spacing (around 3/4) is 2.13 in per cartridge (approx) plus an inch to start and end. Cut it longer for good measure. I use a micrometer, wrap the leather I am using around a cartridge, mike it and lock the mike and use it to mark spacing. If you don’t have a 44 case I can mail you a few. 

I always used dummy shells and stitched one at a time. With the shell hanging in a looped holster ‘by its base’ there isn't room to just make loops. 
I did measure, but I used a physical shell in each loop.

Joel

C0E91A8F-2B0E-4501-9769-EDC3176F99B6.jpeg

Edited by GrampaJoel

loophole center to   center  just go through the same slot i like some room between the bullets so i would make the slots about 1" apart pull the leather through go across the back out wrap the leather around the bullet go back through the face and keep doing that a decorative rivet that holds the leather at each bullet you cant go wrong with this method and it looks very nice. hope this helps Frodo 

loophole center to   center  just go through the same slot i like some room between the bullets so i would make the slots about 1" apart pull the leather through go across the back out wrap the leather around the bullet go back through the face and keep doing that a decorative rivet that holds the leather at each bullet you cant go wrong with this method and it looks very nice. hope this helps Frodo the ones shown are 44 mag but set at each six you can put a spot in between each bullet like a 1/4" fast rivet 

an003.jpg

an002.jpg