sportycliff

Play hide the knot?

On 2/4/2023 at 4:28 AM, Constabulary said:

maybe its just the hook that is a bit close to the needle so the gap between hook notch and position finger is too tight. You can move the hook a tiny bit (maybe 0.5mm or so) to the right (if not already flush with the machine arm) by loosening the 2 or 3 set screws on the hook body. Better check the needle hook timing after doing this.

I never considered that the closer the hook to the needle the tighter the notch clearance as well, I'll play with the gap some more...Thanks

I’d suggest taking off the end cap so you can watch the thread as it goes through a stitch - modifying something that doesn’t need to be modified is just guessing.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:22 PM, DonInReno said:

I’d suggest taking off the end cap so you can watch the thread as it goes through a stitch - modifying something that doesn’t need to be modified is just guessing.

Everything seems perfect. Can easily slide 207 through the notch no hangups anywhere, tried multiple gap hook/needle gap and timing changes, it does seem that sewing speed changes quality from maybe ok on some stitches to loops on others, no consistency at all. I'm down to size 92 and still having the same issues. I don't think it's a tension issue any longer, this machine (by feel) is running MUCH higher tension on 92 than my other is running with 138 or 207 and still loops on the bottom, with shitty stitches all the way around. I'm waiting on slow boat for another feed dog, but now I'm playings part replacer instead of proper diagnosing and doing it right. #Frustration

Edited by sportycliff

On 2/4/2023 at 7:29 AM, sportycliff said:

I never considered that the closer the hook to the needle the tighter the notch clearance as well, I'll play with the gap some more...Thanks

No difference.

Found a repair shop only a couple of hours away, going in next Monday.

48 minutes ago, sportycliff said:

Found a repair shop only a couple of hours away, going in next Monday.

Try size #92,138 might be too large for this machine.

1 minute ago, CowboyBob said:

Try size #92,138 might be too large for this machine.

Same problem with #92...

2 hours ago, sportycliff said:

Same problem with #92...

How about 69?

8 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

How about 69?

You might want to check the small finger that keeps the inside of the bobbincase from turning,if it is set too close to the hook it can pinch the thread & prevent it from passing through.Run the machine by hand & watch it as the thread passes through this part.

Just now, CowboyBob said:

You might want to check the small finger that keeps the inside of the bobbincase from turning,if it is set too close to the hook it can pinch the thread & prevent it from passing through.Run the machine by hand & watch it as the thread passes through this part.

checked it and it'll run 207 easily and cleanly.

1 hour ago, sportycliff said:

checked it and it'll run 207 easily and cleanly.

Ok ,Is there any play in the gears that drive the hook? And have you tried timing it @ 2.2 rise?

8 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Ok ,Is there any play in the gears that drive the hook? And have you tried timing it @ 2.2 rise?

I'll check for play tomorrow. I timed it with 2.5 (factory spec)?

On 2/13/2023 at 1:16 PM, CowboyBob said:

I'll check for play tomorrow. I timed it with 2.5 (factory spec)?

Packed up and heading to the tech early tomorrow, bit of a ride, but hopefully it'll get straightened out...

I am curious about the feet movement. I had a similar issue with the feet alternative movement which was out of spec.