Trying out the narrow foot set from @Patrick1 at Hennigan Engineering and Precision using a Cobra Class 4.  At just over 1/4" wide, the narrow foot set is about 1 mm (.05") wider than the in-line needle foot from Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine. Here I am letting the toe of the rear foot ride on the raised element to bring the stitch line closer to the raised element. Compared to the in-line feet, narrow foot set provides more even coverage of the feed dog and the needle is fully visible when sewing. Also because the toes of the rear foot overlap the needle foot there is no problem making sharp turns. With the in-line feet it is necessary to back out of square corners to give the rear foot a place to land.  Nonetheless, the in-line feet are another good choice for this particular application - sewing straight on a narrow margin.  Here I am also using the ultra-narrow feed dog with flat throat plate from Hennigan Precision, which feeds nicely working close to an edge.  #21 x 794S needle and 138 bonded nylon thread from Leather Machine Co.

Why does narrow matter? When I add a raised element to the end of a 5 ft long rein, I am trimming the width after sewing and generating a lot of wasted bridle leather. Sewing a narrow margin means less waste.  This 3/4" strap was split and a narrow leather filler strip was glued in place before sewing.  The width will be trimmed to 5/8."

Are all of the options interchangeable between a class 4 and cb4500?

15 minutes ago, Rubicon04 said:

Are all of the options interchangeable between a class 4 and cb4500?

Yes,everything interchanges.

1 hour ago, joebetoblame said:

Do you have a link to the product?

@joebetoblame if you scroll back up, click on Patrick1's highlighted name, you can send him a message from his profile page.

17 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Yes,everything interchanges.

Thanks Bob, I had just emailed you earlier this week about purchasing these and sending them to you to install before sending out a 4500 once I get around to ordering one. 

Just talked to a saddle maker in Texas and with the latest and final version, the length of stich isn't as long when sewing an arched segment. Guess not, the pivot point is a lot less. Something I didn't think about when I designed them. Another plus to an awesome product. Guess I'll have to send Tom the latest pressure foot.

Edited by Patrick1
add a sentence