toxo

Gun shop items to make?

A very good friend runs a successful website selling mainly scopes and night vision. He's now in the process of opening a facility where people can try before the buy which, considering many of the items he sells cost £1000s I think is a very good move. In time he wants to expand it into a full fledged gun shop and he's asked me to make some custom stuff to go in it.

As well as custom built cases for some of it, there must be lots I've not even thought of after cartridge belts, pellet/bullet cases etc.

I don't want to list more until I've heard what would be on your wish list.

This guy already has a big following. He's such a nice guy that he used to design night vision and then sell the components AND then tell everyone how to make em. He had to stop doing it because he was constantly inundated with phone calls.

How about a simple pouch bag for carrying pistols? Not every one might want a holster but a padded pouch to take their gun to a club range.

In WW2 US military personel used to be issued with a pouch to carry their Colt Auto in, and friends I used to have used pouches to carry their Olympic pistols to their club range for practice evenings

A small case for the cleaning equipment. Again, those friends, used various biscuit tins for that. A nice leather be-spoke case would be ideal

Butt cuffs with and without cartridge loops. 

21 minutes ago, fredk said:

How about a simple pouch bag for carrying pistols? Not every one might want a holster but a padded pouch to take their gun to a club range.

In WW2 US military personel used to be issued with a pouch to carry their Colt Auto in, and friends I used to have used pouches to carry their Olympic pistols to their club range for practice evenings

A small case for the cleaning equipment. Again, those friends, used various biscuit tins for that. A nice leather be-spoke case would be ideal

Good idea Fred but not just for pistols. Soft leather, felt lined, able to sew inside out would work for a lot of items.

18 minutes ago, 327fed said:

Butt cuffs with and without cartridge loops. 

A more expensive idea but a good one. I did a bespoke one for him a couple years ago.

Cheek pieces . . . slings . . . sample holsters . . . zippered up rifle carry bags . . . knife sheaths . . . 

AND . . . when you make these . . . personalize them . . . stamp them . . . let it be known that all kinds of decorations and personalized work can be done as well . . . 

I make money on the "plain jane" stuff I sell . . . but I MAKE money on the pieces that are personalized. 

One of the favorites that happens a lot is the USMC logo for the Marine Corps . . . lots of guys were jar heads . . . are proud of it . . . same for USN, Navy . . . 

And what ever you do . . . make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb . . . no shortcuts . . . no mistakes.  Those are display items . . .  folks will spot a mistake or wrong doing in a NY heart beat . . . send only your best work over there.

May God bless,

Dwight