YinTx

Knife sheath: Simply not simple!

I have mixed emotions about making fit adjustments to leather goods before selling them.  Seems to me leather goods are only going to stretch with use and if you send something out that is "just right", it soon won't be.  In other words, usage is bound to cause it to stretch more.  That's been my experience.  

So I think it is a sort of double-edged sword.  At least worth questioning whether to do it or not.  

There are many examples of things which improve with usage.  I'd be tempted to just inform the consumer that the fit might be a bit snug at first but that through use it will loosen up, lessening any difficulty they might experience in removing the article.  Personally, I'd rather it be on the snug side anyway.  

Not saying Dwight is wrong, just that there's always another way to look at things.

Looks very nice to me, you pay attention to detail that's for sure anything worth doing is worth doing right.

On 3/31/2023 at 12:19 PM, Samalan said:

Looks very nice to me, you pay attention to detail that's for sure anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Thank you.  I do try, but don't always manage!

On 3/31/2023 at 1:43 AM, Dwight said:

This is done as a finishing step . . . or "corrective" step.  Either way . . .  finished, dry, ready to be used . . . just a little tight until you do this.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you Mr. Dwight!