skiibar

Paff 593 Belts

I have a 593 and currently there is a leather belt on it, I am unable to get it tight enough that it does not spin or pull apart . I have to start the machine with one hand then the belt will turn the machine . I am assuming this is not the correct belt for this model. 

Belt2.jpg

Use a cloth tape measure across the top of the pulleys from bottom to top to find the length. Then go to a hardware store and find a type 3L v-belt to match that length. In Canada, the length will be in centimeters. In the USA it is in inches. If you can't get a cloth tape measure, try a metal tape measure and join the start and finish end on the downside below the top of the machine pulley, on the straight away. Last option is to open the c-clip and measure the round belt while pulling it apart to get the stretch out. I would add another 3 or 4 cm to that measurement because it lies all the way inside the pulleys. A v-belt rides on the top edge of the pulleys, with the taper sitting inside.

I will try that thank you 

17 minutes ago, skiibar said:

currently there is a leather belt on it, I am unable to get it tight enough that it does not spin or pull apart .

Take your belt and go to either a sewing machine dealer, Canadian Tire or Homepot and either get a the proper 3V belt or a 3L general purpose belt. If you choose to go the measurement route add about 1 1/2 inch (37mm) extra to your measurement as the length on the belt is the outside diameter so you have to allow for the thickness of the belt.

kgg

Next step , I have these two peices that fell off the machine when I was bringing it home O am not sure of their place or purpose 

20230331_130554.jpg

50 minutes ago, skiibar said:

Next step , I have these two peices that fell off the machine when I was bringing it home O am not sure of their place or purpose 

They plug into holes on the back of the bed of the machine and let the head tilt back for oiling or adjusting parts under the bed. The hook shapes fit over solid steel pins that are inside mounting brackets on the table, behind the machine.

Ok i got everything working , proper belt installed , however it 100mph or nothing 

1 hour ago, skiibar said:

Ok i got everything working , proper belt installed , however it 100mph or nothing 

What kind of motor is on it?  Clutch motor (runs continuous) or servo motor (that only runs when you step on the pedal)?

Clutch motor - you have to learn to feather the clutch, similar to a car/truck with a standard transmission.  Some people are very good at it.  takes a lot of practice.  That's why I don't have a clutch motor.

If it is a servo motor, the settings need to be adjusted.

it is a 1/2 hp Clutch motor so I am guess feathering practice it is 

If I try and feather the motor it squeals 

I'd toss that motor and get a servo.   I just got a new machine, Consew 224 which I really bought because I wanted the table for a different machine.  Disconnected the clutch motor from the table and it's now sitting in my van awaiting my next dump trip. 

Interesting thing about the consew is it's needle feeder but doesn't have a vibrating foot. The main foot lifts slightly when the needle is pulling the cloth through.