JonesCoLeatherworks

Need help b/c OMTech support nonexistent

Laser not engraving/cutting material.  I set power 20/20 pulse and get 17mA.  But go to engrave and 0-03mA output and not even marking material.  Do I have a bad tube or power supply?  Even tested at 45/45 with same outcome?

Troy

There has to be something wrong in the method of attempting to contact OM-Tech. Have owned my CO2 60W over two years now, have never had a problem with help.

You need to provide some more info. What software are you using? Did you follow setup info? I use LightBurn software best there is.

I am confused with what you are providing for settings. Are you using G-Code? Arduino control? 

My settings for cutting are 10mm/sec speed with , 45%power. I can cut 1/4" MDF veneered  material in one pass. My simplest setup for engraving is 150mm/sec speed with 25% power.

Need a lot more info from you please.

Ferg

On 4/12/2023 at 4:09 PM, JonesCoLeatherworks said:

Laser not engraving/cutting material.  I set power 20/20 pulse and get 17mA.  But go to engrave and 0-03mA output and not even marking material.  Do I have a bad tube or power supply?  Even tested at 45/45 with same outcome?

Troy

what kind of laser do you have

On 4/13/2023 at 4:04 PM, Ferg said:

There has to be something wrong in the method of attempting to contact OM-Tech. Have owned my CO2 60W over two years now, have never had a problem with help.

You need to provide some more info. What software are you using? Did you follow setup info? I use LightBurn software best there is.

I am confused with what you are providing for settings. Are you using G-Code? Arduino control? 

My settings for cutting are 10mm/sec speed with , 45%power. I can cut 1/4" MDF veneered  material in one pass. My simplest setup for engraving is 150mm/sec speed with 25% power.

Need a lot more info from you please.

Ferg

Ferg i ENGRAVE at 350mmps 25 power on leather might up it to 45 mmps for wood.

I have an OMtech 2028 60 w C02 -Lightburn software.  After replacing (upgrading) mirrors and lens, realigning beam, I get a light marking onto the material.  The AMP meter shows normal output for setting but it seems the power isnt there to cut or engrave.  Mind you, it was perfect up until I add the chiller.  I thought maybe when moving the laser unit to access the back side of the unit to connect chillers hoses that I might have knocks something loose or broke something physically.  Once I get to OMTech support the just keep asking for pictures/videos etc (which I have sent) but I get no support and I cant wait weeks to solve the problem, because I have built a business around this laser.  

Here are my thoughts in search of sage advice.  With mirrors being new and clean, with alignment dead center, with power supply acknowledging correct output for power setting, the only thing I can think of is a bad tube?  Thoughts?

you say you get a light engraving ? Have you checked to see if the beam might be hitting the side of the cone on its way out. oh have you checked the lens to see if its clean and not cracked.ok u replaced lens oops

I strongly suggest asking at Sawmill creek. These guys know more about lasers then any forum I've been on.

Edited by Bert03241

Take the cone off and try engraving

I tried realignment again, The pics attached does not make sense that it could be dead center at position 1 and vastly so different at position 2?  Bent rail??  I put a level on it and its level.

Laser Mirror #1.jpg

Laser Mirror #2.jpg

Laser Mirror #2_2.jpg

The beam from your testing position M1 to M2 is way off. I don't even consider checking with M2 close to M1.

Extend the M2 location all the way towards opposite  to Tube side. If you get that centered then M2 to M3

with same idea, move M3 mirror all the way to the right side. You also need to check the beam from the nozzle to the 

working level of your lens. The adjustments on the mirrors are very sensitive, don't get carried away and only loosen the stop nuts very small amount each time.

Ferg