AlZilla

111w151 - presser bar service

I'd like to remove the presser bar on my 111w151. I'll need to reinstall it but there is not a 151 manual to be found.  152 and up are all walking foot machines and the 211w151 just isn't the same (from looking at the manual compared to my real life machine).

It looks like 2 screws and it'll pop out.  My worry is getting the height correct on re-installation.

Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks

23 hours ago, AlZilla said:

I'd like to remove the presser bar on my 111w151. I'll need to reinstall it but there is not a 151 manual to be found.  152 and up are all walking foot machines and the 211w151 just isn't the same (from looking at the manual compared to my real life machine).

It looks like 2 screws and it'll pop out.  My worry is getting the height correct on re-installation.

Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks

Just remove the needle screws and little thread guide from the needle bar and loosen the set screws, then pull the bar out of the top of the hole in the machine's head. Do whatever you plan to do about that bar, then reinstall it, or a new one. Tighten the screws lightly on the needle bar. Rotate the hand wheel until the needle reaches bottom dead center, then starts raising up. SOP is that when needle raises 3/32", then the tip of the hook intersects it about 1/8 inch above the eye. If you don't touch the hook gears or shaft, it should be easy to retime it to the new needle bar.

19 hours ago, AlZilla said:

My worry is getting the height correct on re-installation.

Before you take it out take a pic of how the handlifter is compared to the lifter bracket that it hits when you lift the arm & make it the same when you re-install it.You need to make sure there's not much play in the hand lifter before it contacts the lifter bracket,not enough play & the foot won't go all the way down too much & you won't get much lift under the foot.It's not hard to adjust as needed.

Thank you, guys.  I was concerned that the presser bar might be tied to some other function, but it's pretty straightforward.

The problem I had was a ding on the presser bar was binding it up at about 1/2 lift. It came to me that way but some emery cloth solved the problem.

I appreciate the help.