WalterF

Back At It

On 5/20/2023 at 12:08 AM, MikeRock said:

Cowhand on right side has his Bull Durham sack!

Ok

On 5/19/2023 at 10:11 PM, Hags said:

Very nice indeed..

Thank you

On 5/20/2023 at 5:35 AM, daniyala said:

Great job for publishing such a beneficial post. it is really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the amazing work

Thank you, thought I might be posting to much about it.

I guess I assumed you put that little circle and string there on purpose.  Cowhands who smoked used little sacks of Bull Durham tobacco and some papers.  Usually kept it on the right shirt pocket, just like you tooled it in.   If that isn't a sack with the string, what is it supposed to be?  That little yellow circle was on every sack of Bull Durham.  I have some sacks here in my tool box, they contain gem quality beryl from when I was mining.  

Bull durham tobacco | Etsy

On 5/19/2023 at 10:28 AM, WalterF said:

Finished the cover this morning, now to start using it and letting it ag and add character.

Open Inside Finished.jpg

Cover Pront Open Finished.jpg

You got 4 different threads going on this same note book why don't you consolidate them all into one so we do just keeep opening threads to see the same thing. Mods Take note

2 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

You got 4 different threads going on this same note book why don't you consolidate them all into one so we do just keeep opening threads to see the same thing. Mods Take note

No Sir, 3 2 Down the  Spine and one around the perimeter.

4 hours ago, MikeRock said:

I guess I assumed you put that little circle and string there on purpose.  Cowhands who smoked used little sacks of Bull Durham tobacco and some papers.  Usually kept it on the right shirt pocket, just like you tooled it in.   If that isn't a sack with the string, what is it supposed to be?  That little yellow circle was on every sack of Bull Durham.  I have some sacks here in my tool box, they contain gem quality beryl from when I was mining.  

Bull durham tobacco | Etsy

Ok didn't know about dip cans in the shirt pocket, everyone I knew in Alabama had circle marks in their back pocket of the jeans. Like people have with cell phones. When you Durham it should have rang a bell I have tobacco fields across the road, and to many fields around to count. My wife took this in 2015 across the road of the tobacco being harvested.

Gini Tobacco.jpg

It's not a can, it's a small cloth sack of smoking tobacco, like it says on the label.

2 hours ago, MikeRock said:

It's not a can, it's a small cloth sack of smoking tobacco, like it says on the label.

I can read

Edited by WalterF

Ran into a problem with my notebook. The front and back covers are supple and wouldn't slide back in the pocket slots properly when closed. Thought of adding stiffeners to them, but the back of notebook was not held to the spine like what was wanted. The signatures are held in by the lace, why not use them and affix mounting points to tie it in. Took some of the lining leather glued and folded it on itself then set some grommets. Sewed them down then laced it in, now it stays better. Still some slack due to the lacing material used in securing the signatures.

Thought this might help others.

Back of notebook s.jpg

Inside with spine holder s.jpg

Front with spine holder s.jpg

More photos

Front open page.jpg

Open test s.jpg