panchoskywalker

Went out of thread in the middle of a project.

Hello, I went out of thread in the middle of a weekender bag. I was using wuta polyester thread, dark brown so I went on ali and boght a new spool but apparently they since changed their color set and the one I bought is darker than the original.

This is the one I had

hilocafe.jpg.2043fcb96dd3162f8fdba70b791d6b9d.jpg cafe.jpg.9918e5668e2426a1625b031b28aa128f.jpg

But now the wuta thread looks like this:

1234302192_Capturadepantalla2023-05-27alas11_39_30a.m..jpg.10b9d46eb734ba5d2f27e7b0f45cbf14.jpg

And this is the dark brown on my bag.

hilo.thumb.jpg.6ab35feb1f4ee6bacc719b7bbb7d0a20.jpg

I now bought a new one which is called caramel which is at the bottom next to saddle brown. Hopefully it is at least closer.

What you have now , instead of a weekender bag is a custom designed weekender bag with contrasting color accents

charge them an extra $30.00 

I have done something similar, make a nice fancy belt, only to realise I haven't got a suitable buckle or hardware  to go with it...doh !!  I've got into the habit now of checking to make sure I have all the materials I need to complete a project. Nothing more frustrating than  running out half way through. 

HS 

9 hours ago, Handstitched said:

I have done something similar, make a nice fancy belt, only to realise I haven't got a suitable buckle or hardware  to go with it...doh !!  I've got into the habit now of checking to make sure I have all the materials I need to complete a project. Nothing more frustrating than  running out half way through. 

HS 

I agree Handstitched, my biggest complaint is the supply house not have the  matching hardware when I am ordering. Nothing is more agrivating to me than to want all black hardware and find everything except D rings, then either changing the color or ordering from a different vender and eating the extra shipping costs

@Frodo  Hear hear !!  When you have your mind set on a particular project, its always good to have more than one supplier, even as inconvenient as it is.  I machine stitched a carved   belt  today, but, before I started stitching, I made sure I had enough thread to go sew the entire belt, I've been 'caught short' before.   Even if theres a little bit of the colour of choice  still on the bobbin, I wind on a new one to ensure I have enough.  The lil'  remainder on the other bobbin will still get used on small projects,  it won't go to waste. 

HS

Well I received a new thread, same brand, this one is called caramel, it is kind of whitish. Better than the first one but it is not the same. I decided to go on anyway.

I'll share pictures of the bag once it is done.

hilo2.jpg

Fresh from the oven.

More pictures here: 

1.jpg

Edited by panchoskywalker