captain

Another "is this leather?" question

I recently got this vintage plycraft lounger chair. I'm struggling if it's vinyl or leather. I want to make sure I treat it/clean it with the right product.

Can anyone here tell for sure if this is leather based on these photos? I'm leaning towards vinyl since some of the "grain" looks a little too good, but I could be wrong. Unfortunately the tag only lists the foam material. 

Rb4R8nw.jpg

7cG6AYA.jpg

3uT7znu.png

xdGwOjx.png

T2b4dLh.jpg

Edited by captain

Looks like leather-cloth. Leather dust mixed with resins and sprayed on to a heavy cloth backing.

Main test, cut off a tiny piece from underneath. Hold in pliers and apply a flame. If it shrivels up and smells like burnt flesh then its leather. If it starts to burn and gives off a light black smoke with small black soot particles then its leather cloth

6 minutes ago, fredk said:

Looks like leather-cloth. Leather dust mixed with resins and sprayed on to a heavy cloth backing.

Main test, cut off a tiny piece from underneath. Hold in pliers and apply a flame. If it shrivels up and smells like burnt flesh then its leather. If it starts to burn and gives off a light black smoke with small black soot particles then its leather cloth

How do you treat leather-cloth? Would a regular leather conditioner be good? 

Second photo, towards the bottom at the join-stitch line, it looks like a cloth-weave pattern? So could be vinyl?

I don't think leather conditioner will do vinyl any good. I would probably use a slightly wet sponge with a drop of dishwashing liquid.

16 hours ago, dikman said:

So could be vinyl?

Mr Sheen perhaps ??  :) just kidding  :) and where its cracked to buggery (  esp. last pic) , some water based dye , sealer & conditioner . 

HS