WalterF

Cheek Riser and Pouch

Decided to pull out the springer I got from a dear friend who was getting rid of things preparing for his passing.
Setting it up adding a cheek riser and pellet pouch made for fun. Tuning kit coming in Monday along with parts needed to make a hamster.
Looking at shooting it the rest of the year in memory of him. People like him only come a few times in a lifetime.

The stock wrap is 5-6 oz. outer and 12 oz. piece on top under the outer shaved on the sides. Fit great allowing me a good cheek weld.

HW97K Leather web.jpg

Wrap and Pouch.jpg

That's some good lookin work . . . on a good lookin rifle.

I've a .22 in a similar stock . . . bull barrel . . . bipod . . . it'll do little one inch circles at 50 yds if I do my part.

Yes . . . those friends are few and far between.  Am I correct that you may be doing some rat shooting??

May God bless,

Dwight

True friends are hard to come by for sure  you are a lucky man to have had such a good one. That's awesome work my friend!!!  

That is one cool air rifle, all i could ever afford was a cheapo beeman knock off .22  but i taught my kids to shoot with it and still shoot it at camp to keep the eyes sharp lol.  A friend gave my a .20 cal silver streak last winter it has a beautiful walnut stock, better than most modern rifles have. Not many air gunners around here, its cheaper and easier to buy a firearm. 

Beautiful work and a very neat rifle.  I use air rifles around the horses to discourage pigeons.  They've come a long way since the Benjamin .177 pump I had as a boy.  

10 hours ago, Dwight said:

That's some good lookin work . . . on a good lookin rifle.

I've a .22 in a similar stock . . . bull barrel . . . bipod . . . it'll do little one inch circles at 50 yds if I do my part.

Yes . . . those friends are few and far between.  Am I correct that you may be doing some rat shooting??

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you, I am shooting competitive Field Target, a game where we shoot targets as close as 10 yards with a 1/8 kill zone to 55 with a minimum 1 1/2 kill zone. At unknown ranges, my class you can use the scopes parallax to range find.

5 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

True friends are hard to come by for sure  you are a lucky man to have had such a good one. That's awesome work my friend!!!  

That is one cool air rifle, all i could ever afford was a cheapo beeman knock off .22  but i taught my kids to shoot with it and still shoot it at camp to keep the eyes sharp lol.  A friend gave my a .20 cal silver streak last winter it has a beautiful walnut stock, better than most modern rifles have. Not many air gunners around here, its cheaper and easier to buy a firearm. 

Yes they are, and was very blessed. Thank you he had good taste and he dove in when he liked something.

They are great for teaching gun safety and marksmanship. I am very lucky there are 3 field target clubs in North Carolina. Along with 2 time National Champion, keeps you humble.

1 hour ago, TomE said:

Beautiful work and a very neat rifle.  I use air rifles around the horses to discourage pigeons.  They've come a long way since the Benjamin .177 pump I had as a boy.  

Thank you, yes they have. Didn't know they were this good three years ago. They cost up front, then cheap to shoot after. In tournament season shoot on average 800 pellets a week. Have an 85 yard range in my front yard. Doesn't bother the neighbors as it is so quiet.

My best group at 50 yards, 5 shots.

50 yard group web 1.jpg

50 yard group web.jpg

39 minutes ago, WalterF said:

Thank you, I am shooting competitive Field Target, a game where we shoot targets as close as 10 yards with a 1/8 kill zone to 55 with a minimum 1 1/2 kill zone. At unknown ranges, my class you can use the scopes parallax to range find.

Yes they are, and was very blessed. Thank you he had good taste and he dove in when he liked something.

They are great for teaching gun safety and marksmanship. I am very lucky there are 3 field target clubs in North Carolina. Along with 2 time National Champion, keeps you humble.

Thank you, yes they have. Didn't know they were this good three years ago. They cost up front, then cheap to shoot after. In tournament season shoot on average 800 pellets a week. Have an 85 yard range in my front yard. Doesn't bother the neighbors as it is so quiet.

My best group at 50 yards, 5 shots.

50 yard group web 1.jpg

50 yard group web.jpg

That's a group to be proud of!! my Beeman rs3 knock off and mil dot scope wont do that well but my Beeman p-17 pistol is darn accurate and has an awesome trigger that is better than most handguns. What is really nice about the cheap ammo, all the used pellets get turned into round balls for my BP pistol. I use little steel rams out doors with the rifle and indoors a ten meter pellet trap with the pistol.

6 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

That's a group to be proud of!! my Beeman rs3 knock off and mil dot scope wont do that well but my Beeman p-17 pistol is darn accurate and has an awesome trigger that is better than most handguns. What is really nice about the cheap ammo, all the used pellets get turned into round balls for my BP pistol. I use little steel rams out doors with the rifle and indoors a ten meter pellet trap with the pistol.

That is cool reusing the lead, my backstop is tires filled with dirt stacked up with a 12 x 12 trap rated for 9mm in front. Wife put the nix on shooting indoors.