mdawson

Looking for name/source

Hi

I have seen in the past 'closures' where there are 2 pieces of spring steel in the mouth of a bag / pouch, squeeze the ends together and it pops open, release to close.

I've been searching for it to find a name to find a source but of course without the name no luck.

If someone could give me a name(s) so I can search for the blighters I'd be most grateful.

Mark

Are you talking about the ones used in soft pouches for glasses? That sort of thing? https://www.amazon.com/SUPVOX-Internal-Frames-Spring-Handbag/dp/B07VB6RXRX/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1AVLHK8NWNTH7&keywords=Kiss+clip&qid=1689058619&s=arts-crafts-intl-ship&sprefix=kiss+clip%2Carts-crafts-intl-ship%2C648&sr=1-4

I found it by looking for kiss clip, which I am nearly sure is not the correct term, but it's what was in the description of a Chinese product on French Amazon... (bought them for making dog treat pouches)

2 hours ago, Klara said:

Are you talking about the ones used in soft pouches for glasses?

Yep, that's the one thank you Klara.

Now I know I can get them I can start planning :-)

Mark

On 7/12/2023 at 2:34 AM, Zonker1972 said:

they stay open when you release and close when you give them a bit of pressure.

Thanks Zonker, based on Klara's help, I searched for 'flex frame kiss clasp' and spotted those but I didn't realise they 'locked' open, handy.

Mark