Broncsnapper

Wade with front rig only

I recently acquired a half built wade saddle. 
the rigging was already installed.

my question is.. can I install a back rigging by just cutting the stitching and put an in- plate rigging in the leather? And if so, would it be strong enough for roping big stock in the pasture ?

IMG_4142.jpeg

Ummm . . . just between you . . . me . . . and the gate post . . . I do like that saddle.  I could get right real happy hopping up on El Diablo . . . and heading for the back 40 on that.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thank you Dwight. I’m hoping it comes out decent. Need me another wade so I can get back to working cattle back in Montana and Wyoming.

Might not be what you want to hear, but I'm going to be straight up. I'm not sure from what I see I'd trust it to rope a goat in a pen, let alone something big in a pasture.  I'd pull everything off and start over. Breast collar dee is pretty low, The skive on the top edge of the rigging is coarse. Skive on the swell cover edges same.  I covered dally horns before I put on the swell cover, wood post horns are a toss up as far as covering before or after the swell cover on a new build. That depends on who you learned from and a bit regional too. Doesn't appear the front edge of the swell cover was skived and there is a ridge there where it was folded under. The strainer liner looks thick under the back of the plate and that needs to be covered and blended. The ground seat end at least on this side is thick and not skived at the cantle corner. I doubt a seat leather is going to be enough without leaving a ridge over the ground seat or strainer and would likely take another piece of ground seat anyway. I cant see the screws holding the front rigging and with everything else, I'd be leery there. If it was me, Id take a day and a half to start it over and make it right.

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing actually.

I agree with Bruce.  You would be better off doing it over.  There are too many things that are not installed correctly and finished off properly.