Flintlock67

World War two belt

Hi everyone. 

I need some help please. I’ve got a second world war belt that has a number of holes along its length. 

My question is is it repairable and can anyone recommend anyone who may repair it. I live in Wales. 

Many thanks

John

IMG_1028.jpeg

IMG_1025.jpeg

By the way the hole spacing is fairly regular it looks like someone tried to make this belt take the US army fittings

s-l400.jpg

Repairable? No, But I think you could put sail eyelets into each hole and finish what someone tried to do

Edited by fredk

once leather has holes there is no way to patch them. If you want to keep the authentic German leather the best thing

for it is to keep it oiled and protected just like any old skin.

Thanks Shadow Hawk Armory. I’m a little disappointed that nothing can be done, but it is what it is. 
I’ve read about these Leather Repair Fillers, but they’re obviously not up to this job?

Regards

John

You need to preserve it not restore it. Its very cool i would make a replica if your intent was to use it, and display the old one its a relic.

1 hour ago, Flintlock67 said:

Thanks Shadow Hawk Armory. I’m a little disappointed that nothing can be done, but it is what it is. 
I’ve read about these Leather Repair Fillers, but they’re obviously not up to this job?

Regards

John

Hey Flint, do what Chuck123 said to do. I'd say make a copy but not out of vegtan, a black drum dyed harness leather would be a great copy material 

In my opinion, yes. At least the holes will be filled in, and in itself it makes it a bit different. Then put it on display somewhere.

Absolutely. Like this it's a display piece that tells a story, without the badges just an abused old strip of leather.

16 hours ago, Flintlock67 said:

I still have the original cap badges, so you reckon it’s best to put them back in the belt and leave it as is?

IMG_1029.jpeg

Absolutely! someone took the time to save those, they tell a story.

Now I wanna know the story if it is known!!!

That story would be one to hear. I would also keep the badges in the belt. One's imagination can fill in nicely where facts are absent.