kludwig

Mystery tools

I'm trying to find which trade used these tools. I own them now so I hope posting the eBay link is OK. Some are  used in other ways but some of them have model numbers and a maker's mark which is unfamiliar to me.  I have owned many leather working tools and woodworking tools and have never seen any like these. Any help would be welcome. Thanks.  kens-l1600.jpg

some look like checkering files but i cant see the ends well enough to be sure, three like gouges for wood carving. 

Can't see much detail in the photo but my first guess would be some sort of fine wood carving?

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

some look like checkering files but i cant see the ends well enough to be sure, three like gouges for wood carving. 

I thought some might be but they have a slit down the middle of different widths.  My files are all too big to download. I pasted the eBay location so that may allow more pictures to be seen. Thanks, ken

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175837035968

Edited by kludwig

I'm thinking they might be cordwainers tools or book-binders tools

I wonder if there for modeling clay like making busts or statues.

one looks like a captive ring tool - woodturning.

They may be a mixed bag, a collection of tools from a person who had a variety of interests. No one craft, but several.

12 hours ago, kludwig said:

I thought some might be but they have a slit down the middle of different widths.  My files are all too big to download. I pasted the eBay location so that may allow more pictures to be seen. Thanks, ken

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175837035968

checkering files do have two sets of teeth and a groove or vee in between and come in different shapes and widths. 

i also think some could be for inlaying which they did in combination with checkering and carving.  these could be a stock makers/carvers  tool set

i googled" inlaying tools " and did see some very similar looking tools.

I'm going with Wepster's idea, an assortment of tools from different crafts. Some of the spoons look like clay sculpting tools.

4 hours ago, dikman said:

I'm going with Wepster's idea, an assortment of tools from different crafts. Some of the spoons look like clay sculpting tools.

That's what I was thinking, some of those that look like checkering tools might be used for fine lines in clay like hair.