Brinksleatherco

Cobra Class 4 Bobbin Set Screw Missing

I purchased a Cobra Class 4 a few months back from a 3rd party and I was just having an issue with the bobbin tension. I removed the bobbin case from the machine to tighten the tension and discovered that there was no bobbin case set screw. Im not sure if it had fallen off prior to having it. Either way I need a new one to put in. Is there any way to get a replacement from a hardware store? I have a lot of orders to process, and I didn't want to have the machine out of service to wait for a new screw to arrive. For the one screw its $21 to have shipped to me. 

2 hours ago, Brinksleatherco said:

Is there any way to get a replacement from a hardware store?

I'd be surprised if a hardware  shop would have a screw that small and with same type of  fine thread, no harm in asking.  Have you got any old radios or other electronics  that you can pull apart for the screws?  Plenty of odd size screws in old  radios with fine threads, I did those as a hobby in another life. Just a thought. 

HS

A lot of screw thread sizes on these machines date back to the thread sizes that Singer used in their machines so your pretty much out of luck. Your best bet would have been to purchase a shuttle hook assembly of eBay for 28 bucks and use it for parts.

On 9/22/2023 at 12:15 PM, Burkhardt said:

Are you talking about the bobbin tension screw

The way I read it, its the tension screw on the side of the bobbin, so I would be surprised if a hardware shop would have a screw that small and such a fine thread. 

HS

We have it in stock & can ship USPS 3-4days for under $5.00 for the postage & $3.00 for the screw

Edited by CowboyBob

Bingo !! :specool:

I'd be interested  how the screw came so loose and ' disappear'  in the first place.

HS