CJJ

Various finished projects

Hey Folks, hope everyone had a great week.  I've been trying to stay busy tinkering on all kinds of different things and just wanted to share some with you all.  Let me know what y'all think!

- Shell Cordovan watch strap and wallet for a friend.  The shell is marbled navy blue from Rocado.  Inside of wallet is a combo of Navy Buttero and Navy Dollaro

image000003.JPG

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2058.JPG

field note sleeves with pen holder

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

Edited by CJJ

- wallet for my wife

- belt for a friend

- recovered a baseball for fun

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

- cover for my notebook I use at work with slots for field note book and business cards on the inside

- prayer book cover for my dad with bookmark that sits on interior pocket when not in use

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

very nice work on everything!
altho.. would like to see more of the watch strap than the watch. (ie: lay it flat so all of the strap can be seen, rather than mostly the face)

Those are some really great items. Very nice work on all of them. My favorite, though, is the baseball. I love that baseball. It reminds me of one I have that was my Dad's when he was a kid.

Good work all around!

On 9/23/2023 at 8:41 AM, Heartless said:

very nice work on everything!
altho.. would like to see more of the watch strap than the watch. (ie: lay it flat so all of the strap can be seen, rather than mostly the face)

fair point.  In my rush to give it away I forgot to take pictures of the finished product.  Here's a couple in progress pics I took and a couple my buddy sent me.

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

image000000.JPG

image000001.JPG

very nice! thank you for posting these

Just finished working on something new and wanted to share with y'all.  I've been thinking recently about incorporating paint to create something unique.  I don't expect this to be everyone's cup of tea but thought some of you might find it interesting. 

Living in New Orleans it only seemed appropriate to go with Mardi Gras colors.  I made a little makeshift paint booth and started splashing paint around on a piece of Natural Buttero. 

I think it turned out well.  Let me know what you think! 

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2242.JPG

Great job, some of your projects look like the DS Leather Goods style or maybe I am mistaken ?

Can I also ask what kind/brand of paint you used on your last project ?

Thank you and yes several of the items are DSLeatherGoods patterns.  The flap wallet, the long wallet, the blue shell wallet and field note sleeve are all his.  I really like his patterns.  they're fun to make and the instructions are great.

The paint on the last project is Angelus.  Green, yellow and purple with their high gloss finisher.

Yes, his work is very clean and I've tried one of his pattern once, great stuff.

Thank you for the paint details, the flap wallet looks great.

Also : nice tool rack!

Thanks!  I'm extremely limited on work space and have to make it as efficient as possible.  lol I only have about 9 SF of work space that's jammed into the corner of a closet.

I had a scrap leftover from the painted cardholder above that was just big enough for a watch strap.  I'm really pleased with how it came out.  Hope y'all like it!1613335963_ScreenShot2023-11-09at10_52_55AM.png.e59ebd4e857da89235d22e2ba5b40df6.png

612272513_ScreenShot2023-11-09at10_53_22AM.png.66fdf46f877ac7cbca6e0f8b08bf508a.png

On 9/25/2023 at 7:55 AM, CJJ said:

fair point.  In my rush to give it away I forgot to take pictures of the finished product.  Here's a couple in progress pics I took and a couple my buddy sent me.

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

image000000.JPG

image000001.JPG

Excellent stitch work!