Osty

Econosew DNU-1541S

I have the opportunity to buy a pretty clean and functioning Econosew 1541s for $400-500.  There aren't any problems with it that I can see.  It looks like it's been taken care of and current owner has had it for years.  I am looking for a machine for upholstery (mostly car interiors) but I do occasionally use it to repair boat covers or motorcycle seats etc.  I also do some leather work which the owner has used this machine for that (mostly belts). 

I have used my parents Juki 563 for 35 years and looking for my own machine.  The Econosew 1541s came up and is something that looks like it will work for what I want to do.  Are there any know problems with that machine?  There is one Juki 563 for sale in my area for $950 which seems high and it isn't in near as good of shape (and I will eventually inherit the 563 from my parents).  I've compared the two machines with what information I could find online and it looks like an option that would work from that standpoint.  I realize it's older and could have some issues from age.  I am sure there are other options available out there but there aren't any in my price range in my area at the moment.  Any advice on this machine would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Osty said:

I have the opportunity to buy a pretty clean and functioning Econosew 1541s for $400-500. 

There is a fair bit of info here on the site for the Econosew machines just type in "Econosew" in the search box and go down through some of the posts. Here is an example of what one user found with their Econosew 1541S bobbin case / hook assembly.

kgg

Looks like a decent clone of the Juki. 

I recently got a 1541. I really like it.   I played with older machines and while they work great, the newer machines with easier to set and calibrated stitch lengths are far more convenient.   

I'd probably buy it if I was in your shoes.

Yes,buy it,it's a great price.All the Juki parts fit it so there's no worries about parts.